Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90% SOC on 75d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 90% SOC recently dropped from 206 to 202 miles after I hit 15k miles. That translates to a drop from 226 to 222 on a 100% charge. I may have charged up to 100 about 3 times till now and never let it drain below 10%. I mostly supercharge as I don't have the convenience to charge in my garage yet.

Do these numbers seem right for other Model X 75D owners. Mine is Dec 2017 build.

Make sure that you charge to 100% periodically.Fill it mostly at a Supercharger and then head to a J-1772 to let it top off and balance the batteries.
Will do that next time. Thanks.

Does anyone know when does tesla consider the battery 'degraded' before they replace it? I see some people on youtube that got replacements. Is there a % degradation of actual miles before they honor it?

Will do that next time. Thanks.

Does anyone know when does tesla consider the battery 'degraded' before they replace it? I see some people on youtube that got replacements. Is there a % degradation of actual miles before they honor it?

I dont think there is any number specified but it probably would have to be somewhere around 50% or a module failure. Neither of which you are anywhere near.

My 90% SOC recently dropped from 206 to 202 miles after I hit 15k miles. That translates to a drop from 226 to 222 on a 100% charge. I may have charged up to 100 about 3 times till now and never let it drain below 10%. I mostly supercharge as I don't have the convenience to charge in my garage yet.

Do these numbers seem right for other Model X 75D owners. Mine is Dec 2017 build.

I don't get the 'worry' people have with rated range figures. At the end of the day we all know there is degredation but its not that bad after the initial drop.

More importantly if the car has enough range for your use does it even matter?

Instead of worrying over nothing go and charging to 100% for no reason and enjoy driving the thing :).

I don't get the 'worry' people have with rated range figures. At the end of the day we all know there is degredation but its not that bad after the initial drop.

More importantly if the car has enough range for your use does it even matter?

Instead of worrying over nothing go and charging to 100% for no reason and enjoy driving the thing :).

The car definitely has enough range for my daily driving. My concern to keep a constant look at that number is when i take those road trips, it would mean a few extra stops due to degradation.

My July2018 75D has been slowly dropping. My 90% this morning was only 201, which translates to 100% 223 (a 6% drop). It's probably been the most annoying thing about my car so far. It seems like every few weeks it drops another 1-2 miles.

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought the full rated range of a 75D was 230 miles, putting your estimated degradation at 3%?

The guidance from the mobile ranger, the last time I asked, was "expect 6% the first year and 1% every following year."