TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

90d 22" tire recommendations and reviews?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by derekbell23, Aug 29, 2016.

1. derekbell23

derekbell23 New Member

Looking for what tires have worn and performed well for X owners with 22s. Will be taking delivery of my new 90d from new inventory in a couple weeks and was able to purchase new 22" black turbines online. I looked at reviews of the Pirelli Scorpion Zero and the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 and the continental cost a bit more but seem to have much better reviews. I have searched all over for a thread on this to find what has worn and performed well but can't find anything.. any help would be appreciated.

2. wanaxnow

wanaxnow Member

To help with the decision making, you may want to take a quick look at this comment from Verity regarding road noise with the 22's Model X: Pictures of the inner tire foam insert. When my wife and I tested out a P90DL with the 22 turbines, the first comment I made was how surprising the road noise was through the cabin and decided to shift down to the 20's. Just something to consider as you are looking for a set of wheels for your X. Congrats on the delivery!!

3. CaliX

CaliX Member

The 22" Goodyear Eagle have foam.

4. wanaxnow

wanaxnow Member

Let me know how that works out. I've been looking at the 22's myself but have always been gun-shy after that first test drive in what I now know was "non foam" insulated tires.