TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

90D Deliveries Begin Early 2016

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by timf, Dec 23, 2015.

1. timf

timf Member

Confirmed, 90D is back to showing Mid 2016. I lose access to the Design Studio after today so others will have to keep an eye on it.

2. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Active Member

Is the P90D still showing early 2016, or has that moved to Mid for people configuring now as well?

3. highedu

highedu Member

If Tesla is going to pump out between 1k - 1800 X's per week they should be able to clear through current reservation holders with P90d or 90d by April. Followed by 70d's by july.

4. EternalChampion

No, I selected the six seat option.

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

Bear in mind that many Sig X deliveries will be in early 2016. I assume they will occur before Production X deliveries. #stillwaiting

6. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

The max capacity for Model X is 1,000 per week. Max capacity for Model S + Model X per week is 1,600-1,800. It is unlikely Tesla will be producing 1,000 Model X per week until late Q1 2016. I would guess 90D production starts around March.

7. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

Right now Tesla is only producing 100-200 per week, if that.

1,600 to 1,800 per week is a theoretical maximum weekly production number for the Model X and Model S combined, and that's not going to happen any time soon. Even at full production capacity, I believe the Model X will be limited to 1,000 per week.

8. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Active Member

Source? Leaks from the factory indicate that every 2nd-4th car off the line is already an X. They could be building close to 500 a week already if the leaks are accurate.

9. mikevbf

mikevbf Active Member

Rumor is that each Model X is then partially hand built due to something not being quite right on the line so until that is sorted out and there is Not something like an issue with sub par part that needs a new supplier or something like that, it will be a while before deliveries get any where close to capacity. Even 500 deliveries a week sounds optimistic imo.

10. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Rumor is...worth nothing. If you have have a source, state it, if you have evidence, post it. If you don't, then don't post rumors.

11. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Active Member

If rumors are not allowed then about half of the threads in this forum need to be deleted. I'm not sure what gives you the right to tell someone what they can and cannot post.

12. dc_h

dc_h Active Member

Keep posting rumors, but if anyone has been on a tour or has hard data, we all want more data. We had reports of half of the cars on the line being X, but that was one report. There could have been a big batch week, testing full out X production and they may have returned to smaller X production. Plant operations are very conjectural at this point. The only hard data we have is anecdotal delivery reports and X tracker rising from 8 yesterday to 12 deliveries today.
    Anecdotal reports seem to show Tesla shipping east early and then finishing California and plant deliveries later to ship the Sig's in the smallest window possible. Keeping this process top secret, even within Tesla, seems to have made this national roll-out less effective. If they do finish shipping US Sig's in the first week or two of 2016 and start shipping production models, I think this will be a big win.

13. Blastphemy

Blastphemy Member

Keep on dreaming with the rest of the people who believed without a doubt that all Sigs would be delivered this year, even saying so as late as the second week of December! lol.

14. Macgaver

Macgaver Member

Good news that 90D could not be delayed anymore. Do we know if the delay on the 5 seats configuration is still for H2 ?

15. jeffreys

jeffreys Member

Macgaver: My design studio still lists "Available mid 2016" for the 5 seat configuration.

16. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Is it same for the 6 and 7 seating options as well? Mid 2016
    f

17. Vizir

Vizir Member

Yes, same. It went from early 2016 to mid 2016 for all 3 options. Don't think it matters what seat configuration you choose.

18. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Active Member

Are you talking about 90D, or also P90D?

19. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

90D..thats the thread about...P90D is early 2016.

20. rdalcanto

rdalcanto Active Member

Well, at a certain point, the config for a P90D will also say mid 2016.... I just hope I get my 90D before that.... ;)