TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

90D Deliveries Begin Early 2016

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by timf, Dec 23, 2015.

1. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

With such a low sample rate, the error range is going to be really high. You can't really put too much stock in these stats right now.

2. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Elon did say that the ramp would be exponential. What he didn't say was that the exponent is a fractional value.

3. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

It comments like these that results in situations where I can't give any more reputation points.

4. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

I am no longer going to try to justify the information. It is what it is. There are currently 669 records for North America of which 473 for Production editions cars We can't force people to use the system which is sad as it is for their benefit. Paul has put a lot of effort into this application.

It's not going to help Tesla and it certainly isn't going to help me as my car is at the service center waiting for a minor part.

But I am willing to wager you if you ordered black onyx wheels your car will be delayed and that Tesla is currently only issuing VINs right now if you ordered a P90D or P90DL with both autopilot and premium options.

What features have you ordered on your MODEL X?

5. av8rbud

av8rbud Member

I ordered every option with a P90D(L) except towing. However I did order ONYX wheels. I even thought of paying to go back to Silver and powder coating later but got conflicting information. Some DS' were saying there was no hold back, others were saying there was. I also felt that TM would certainly reach out to some other Wheel Manufacturer to fill the void. Or at least clarify in a press release. Certainly a lot of major wheel companies have the capability, machinery and the Safety Clearances necessary to get the job done. Even if TM had to pay, say a couple hundred dollars a wheel more, it would seem sensible to keep their production line moving smoothly. And they could do so while they worked out a long range solution or started making their own wheels in house. What would they do if it was a seat for example; you can wager that they would jump on it and solve it.

6. LeonardD

LeonardD Member

Everyone is saying how Tesla always delivers only the performance cars first. I almost bought it, but that got me thinking. I have been following Tesla and the forums for a long time, although I only decided to create an account on the TMC forum when the TM forum was off line. Anyway, I know for a fact that in early December 2012 Non Performance Production cars were being delivered as well as P85s and the last of the Sigs. Saying that Tesla has always delivered all the Sigs first and then the Performance cars and then the non performance cars is highly inaccurate. The only thing that is accurate is that the 60 was only shipped once most of the 85 deliveries were complete. If you are wondering where I get my info, look on page 285 of the TMC forum section on Model S deliveries. That is pretty much where production deliveries start. At least as far as people who participate in the forum are concerned. I think only a small percentage of people who took delivery actually participate on the forums. The same will be true for many people, but I doubt I will get my non performance 90D before May, and in all likelihood even after then. By 5/2 it will be 5 months after I confirmed, by 6/2 6 months, 7/2, 7 months and so on. I am really hoping for May, but we will see. Regardless of when I get the car, it will be the best car on the road for years to come and I really look forward to driving it.

- - - Updated - - -

Elon does like terms like 'Exponential' and 'Order of Magnitude'. I am getting exponentially excited about some day maybe taking delivery.

7. highedu

highedu Member

Not seeing a volume of delivery pics, reports, or videos on the net the way I did with the S when it was going through ramp.

feels like the ramp for the X is still slow

8. EboMike

EboMike Member

Judging by the relatively high number of reports about defects reported here, it sounds like they're still carefully tuning the manufacturing process until the number of problems goes down. No point in producing 100s of MX per week if many of them spend weeks at a SC afterwards to get fixed, which would clog up all the resources. I'm sure SCs are already overloaded the way it is.

9. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

+1 vandacca! Haha! ;-)

10. Darryl

Darryl ModelXTracker.com Co-Adm

They have only delivered probably less than a 100 cars so far all P90D. It appears there was major quality issues along with problems with some specific parts. I believe they halted production mid-January and have yet to resume production. At this point they should have producted over 7-8k production cars but I think it is more like 400-500. No telling when things will startup again. The 400-500 they produced had quality issues. Those with minor issues are being sent out to the local SC for resolution. My opinion is all timeframes have moved by a quarter propably more. Spring has become summer, summer has become fall, fall has become winter. The information regarding delivery on My Tesla says the same for all users whether you are scheduled for delivery tomorrow or have ordered a P90D, 90D, or 70D. Therefore don't rely on this information.

When they resume production they will start where they left off with the first group of P90Ds, then on to 90D then 70D. Once you are assigned a VIN you should get your car 5-7 weeks later. So watch for your VIN to be posted on My Tesla.

11. MichealW

MichealW Member

Based on everything I have heard this is correct. Also, they told me I would have my car at latest 6 weeks (vin 3**). As of Friday its been 6 weeks. Now they just told me it could be another month or more even...

12. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

At some point you'll have to start considering if the exponent is still larger than 1.