Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90D range information?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
but what would be the motivation for that? the 90D, much like the 80D is the range king. the P90D is for the performance nuts... so there is nothing else it would need to leave room for.
Of course I'm speculating and wouldn't be at all surprised to find I'm wrong, my thought was that publishing or showing a range of 290+ could make the more expensive MX look bad.

Had to fiddle with Visible Tesla to get it to properly charge to 100%, but here is a full charge on a 90D - for real this time! 284 miles isn't spectacular but what can ya do.

20150902_072422.jpg

Had to fiddle with Visible Tesla to get it to properly charge to 100%, but here is a full charge on a 90D - for real this time! 284 miles isn't spectacular but what can ya do
Do you have Range mode set to on? On my S85, the Rated miles estimate increases by 3-4 miles for a 100% charge when range mode is enabled. That would put you at 288RM, which is above the 6% range improvement Tesla said the 90D would have over the 85D.

Do you have Range mode set to on? On my S85, the Rated miles estimate increases by 3-4 miles for a 100% charge when range mode is enabled. That would put you at 288RM, which is above the 6% range improvement Tesla said the 90D would have over the 85D.

I haven't tried range mode on the car yet, but I can get a rated miles estimate for that on Friday before I go on my trip. Thanks for the suggestion!

I had an interesting issue charging to 100% last night and my charge looked a lot like the images where he couldn't get 100%. Remote S and the Tesla app both said the limit was set at 100%, but it never went over 99%. I adjusted the limit and let it try to charge again and still would never go over 99%. Maybe there's a bug.

I had an interesting issue charging to 100% last night and my charge looked a lot like the images where he couldn't get 100%. Remote S and the Tesla app both said the limit was set at 100%, but it never went over 99%. I adjusted the limit and let it try to charge again and still would never go over 99%. Maybe there's a bug.

I've found that it's almost impossible to set a full range charge with the App. Once the slider is moved to the end, it jumps back to the previous position. I have to go to the car to set it.

I've found that it's almost impossible to set a full range charge with the App. Once the slider is moved to the end, it jumps back to the previous position. I have to go to the car to set it.

I tried multiple methods. Changing it in Remote S to actually say 100%, using the app, using the car. The slider was all the way over, but it still stopped at 99% and I have absolutely no idea why.

What is the weight of 90D compared to 85D ?

Same? More ?

Should be the same as, from what I read, the only difference between the batteries is the use of silicon in the anode of the 90.

BTW, I picked up my 90D yesterday and, after ~60 miles my 90% rated range is 258. Theoretically that should put the max at ~287. I pushed the limit to 100% so we'll see where it goes in a couple of hours.