Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90D range mod

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new one.

You can eek out an extra 1200 feet or so distance on a full charge.

Once you get your old nose cone converted to new nose style, and then bump it on a barrier straight ahead of you... you'll wish you had the old nose cone style back... less to repair. And a new cone is DIY... stay out of the body shop. Is there a certified shop in Newfoundland?

Is there a certified shop in Newfoundland?[/QUOTE]

I'm not aware of any certified shops here for the Tesla. :) I'm looking at a few 90D's and there are two different styles of the nose, one has a black/smoked "grill" and the other looks to be a body colored full bumper piece. Which one is the "range" upgrade?

Thanks, Mike

The top image is the newer "refreshed" frontend while the lower image is the older nosecone style

model-s-nosecone-grille-less.jpg

I'm looking at a few 90D's and there are two different styles of the nose, one has a black/smoked "grill" and the other looks to be a body colored full bumper piece. Which one is the "range" upgrade?

(Can I post to this thread if I'm not Canadian?)

Just so you understand, the different nose style is not an "upgrade" in the sense of an option you can add to a car. The Model S originally had the black nosecone-style front, and last year changed to a body-color, non-nosecone front end as part of a minor refresh (there are some other external differences as well). The refresh cars have a marginal amount more range, most people (including myself) assume it's from better aerodynamics but I haven't seen anything official to back that statement up.

Bruce.