Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90D Range slowly declining

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With you on that 100% Jeff.

@marin, @beryl- can you take a picture of your pack sticker and post it for us?

Tesla battery pack information is found on a sticker affixed to the front right side of the battery pack that can be seen when looking under your car from just behind the front right (passenger side) wheel.

It's easier to see if your suspension is in the high position.
Sorry but I don't have air suspension :( and I'm a girl who doesn't like to look under my car.

Not to be redundant but I do think there is a quality issue where the newer cars are getting better batteries. If Tesla was once offering a battery swap service (in lieu of charging), shouldn't it be relatively simple to replace the older 90D batteries?

With you on that 100% Jeff.

@marin, @beryl- can you take a picture of your pack sticker and post it for us?

Tesla battery pack information is found on a sticker affixed to the front right side of the battery pack that can be seen when looking under your car from just behind the front right (passenger side) wheel.

It's easier to see if your suspension is in the high position.

new90D.jpg

Sorry but I don't have air suspension :( and I'm a girl who doesn't like to look under my car.

Not to be redundant but I do think there is a quality issue where the newer cars are getting better batteries. If Tesla was once offering a battery swap service (in lieu of charging), shouldn't it be relatively simple to replace the older 90D batteries?

[emoji3] no problem, I understand.

Thanks for the post! Great for you! (Not so great for some of us that took some of the first 90KwH models with at least 10 miles less on our first charge, and now in my case running 15 miles less than you -- not quite 6 months after delivery.)

...and ENJOY THAT NEW MS!!!

There has to be an explanation for such a discrepancy right? I mean I've only had mine since November '15 but my 90% is only 250 and that's after the last firmware where it was 246...

Something just doesn't feel right or perhaps I don't "trust" Tesla like I once did...

Jeff

First year the battery will degrade most, then a gradual decline over years, use and environment being factors. Cold being better than warm.

Dont be alarmed to see 5% drop first year. That`s 14 miles on a full charge. It`s the nature of battery chemistry. You cant beat it, you can only manipulate it slightly be good battery maintainance.
Or follow Tesla`s advice, charge to whatever level you need. Dont think it matters all that much.

Just home from a 1700km roadtrip, 100% charged it 3 times and not the least worried.

There has to be an explanation for such a discrepancy right? I mean I've only had mine since November '15 but my 90% is only 250 and that's after the last firmware where it was 246...

Something just doesn't feel right or perhaps I don't "trust" Tesla like I once did...

Jeff
Unsure if you read way back in this thread. If not, check out THIS POST for Tesla's official response to me in December.

Hopefully you plan to officially report to Tesla your displeasure (assuming that's the case) with your Rated Range being substantially behind what Tesla's Marketing materials said at the time you purchased, and what you're seeing today, especially compared to other owners seeing RR@90% (265mi) on the day they brought their new S90D home. It is frustrating to some of us for sure -- especially when Tesla says they checked our battery and it's "normal", but Tesla's own measurement made available to Owners does not show that being the case on the day of delivery or still less than 6 months after. Hang in there.

Can you post a screenshot (preferably Remote S but the Tesla app would work too) showing these numbers?

Thanks
I actually took a picture specifically because of this thread. I'm assuming my car will slowly decline until the update comes out. Sorry it wasn't with Remote S, but I can do that tonight when I charge.

Attachments

• IMG_0157 (1).jpg
    IMG_0157 (1).jpg
    34 KB · Views: 127
First year the battery will degrade most, then a gradual decline over years, use and environment being factors. Cold being better than warm.

Dont be alarmed to see 5% drop first year. That`s 14 miles on a full charge. It`s the nature of battery chemistry. You cant beat it, you can only manipulate it slightly be good battery maintainance.
Or follow Tesla`s advice, charge to whatever level you need. Dont think it matters all that much.

Just home from a 1700km roadtrip, 100% charged it 3 times and not the least worried.

Except many of us including the OP lost that much or more the first 8-10 weeks! Not sure you are correct about warmer weather being worse for Rated Range either as there are some studies in this forum indicating the opposite. Also, Tesla's advice to us was to charge to 90% not whatever we need.

I actually took a picture specifically because of this thread. I'm assuming my car will slowly decline until the update comes out. Sorry it wasn't with Remote S, but I can do that tonight when I charge.

Thank you. That's a crazy big number. That means your 100% rated range is over 295 miles or 10 miles over the advertised EPA rating.

I'm wondering if the BMS algorithm in these new cars has been adjusted from the original 90D. The battery itself appears to be the same based on part number and rev.

I hope whatever they did to your car they do to mine soon.