Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

944mb uploaded by Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So here is an odd one. Car was in the garage minding it’s own business, but uploading like crazy.
MCU1 w/eMMC upgrade, AP3.

Any thoughts on what it was doing?!?

upload_2020-7-16_21-55-17.png
upload_2020-7-16_21-55-17.png

This is an upload (so it's not maps or firmware updates).

This upload represents "snapshot" gathering (short video clips and Metadata) for the neural net data labeling project within autopilot. Quite common to have a few of these every so often if your car captures an event it was triggered to find.

So here is an odd one. Car was in the garage minding it’s own business, but uploading like crazy.
MCU1 w/eMMC upgrade, AP3.

Any thoughts on what it was doing?!?

View attachment 565457View attachment 565457

These uploads kill my slow asymmetric Internet connection! Typically I get only 500mbps on uploads.

Makes me want to never engage AP because I know there will be uploads when I get home and the family will take their wrath out on me!

• Funny
Reactions: WarpedOne
It's a thorn situation, but maybe you can avoid connecting your car to the wi-fi unless there is an update to download...

It's so bad that I know if I've been out in the Tesla and have a few AP disengagememts, by the time I reach the front door there will be a hostile family waiting to greet me!

I have considered using my cell hot-spot before reaching home but not sure if it uploads until car is home / parked. Sadly, no mobile data at home either! The real costs of rural living :rolleyes:

• Helpful
Reactions: David.85D
I drive a long 45 mile stretch with lights every mile or so 4 days a week. I can get the speed just right as they turn yellow as passing through them. I have done this on 5 or 6 drives. When I arrive home I get about a gig upload. (Note these are proceed on arrow turn intersections, and I don't speed through intersections)

On the other hand I have purposely not used AP over the same road. No uploads.

Noticed more uploads on the S in size compared to the 3.

This has happened in the past when Tesla wants certain snapshots. When they get their information they tend to move on to something else they are looking for. Of course this is pure speculation and based on when my car did previous uploads. Last one I remember with great size where Crazy Ivan's. Car goes over somewhat blind hill and would want to turn into other lane. Those were some huge uploads as well (1.5 years ago).

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110

Attachments

• IMG_064BB1787F32-1.jpeg
    IMG_064BB1787F32-1.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 33
It's so bad that I know if I've been out in the Tesla and have a few AP disengagememts, by the time I reach the front door there will be a hostile family waiting to greet me!

I have considered using my cell hot-spot before reaching home but not sure if it uploads until car is home / parked. Sadly, no mobile data at home either! The real costs of rural living :rolleyes:
Don’t worry. Starlink is right around the corner. :)

I find it especially egregious that they are uploading data from a MCU1 car given the poorly implemented design. Yes, I know they have reduced logging these days but still have to believe this activity would contribute to a reduced lifespan of the MCU.