Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

95+ score and no FSD Beta today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove an additional 60 miles on AP to make 100000% sure I’m over the 100 AP miles necessary. Will see if they let anymore of us in. Very frustrating. If not I’m done with the safety score bs. Been driving like a grandma in my p100d since the button appeared.
I mean, pressure has always been mounting to get this system out. From saying "L5 this year" every year since 2015, to waymo/other companies, hell, an entire political candidate is running on the platform that FSD sucks.

When they find a decent release that doesn't have a horrible morbid bug, they need to show progress in the form of expansion. People are desensitized because of all the fud on one side and reckless fanboy approval on the other.

My conspiracy, safety score doesn't matter anymore. Remember how they activated the cabin camera recently? Probably tracking who actually pays attention to the road. They shadow deployed the pay attention ping from the beta into non-beta cars, lowest number of those pings, got beta. They're the indisputable perfect people for it.

• Funny
Reactions: Mark II
In this boat as well. Current 99 safety score, and have been between 98-100 ever since January. I did find it interesting when I looked at the Software Updates section of the car, it says "Last checked for updates May 2" - as opposed to right now/whenever I refresh it, which is what it has done in the past. I did a reboot of the car and it still says "Software Up to Date as of May 2." Just unusual, not sure if it means anything.

In this boat as well. Current 99 safety score, and have been between 98-100 ever since January. I did find it interesting when I looked at the Software Updates section of the car, it says "Last checked for updates May 2" - as opposed to right now/whenever I refresh it, which is what it has done in the past. I did a reboot of the car and it still says "Software Up to Date as of May 2." Just unusual, not sure if it means anything.
Mine says the same thing except it's May 26th. No amount of refreshing, rebooting, toggling Standard/Advanced software updates has made it change from the 26th. Always in the past, forcing the car to check for new software has always said the current date/time after checking. For some reason not now.

Coincidentally, May26th was the day I opted back into the beta. I had opted out following a series of bogus FCW's that made my score drop from 100 to 92. I opted out on the 25th and opted back in on the 26th. Score reset to 100. I've driven over 250 miles since then and just got back from a 70+ mile trip where 99% was on AP just to make sure that I had 100+ AP miles. My score is still 100. Hope tomorrow is better.

My one car says May 15, the other was today at the time I checked. Neither has the update. So I don't think it makes a difference.

If not I’m done with the safety score bs. Been driving like a grandma in my p100d since the button appeared.
hmmm, for the people that say driving like grandma, I wonder if you folks "fully" understand the scoring system? I drive fast and never had an issue with the scoring when it was in effect. I learned how to engage and disengage AP at the right time. How you get satisfaction soon :)

Reactions: FLMan and KrenGrl
hmmm, for the people that say driving like grandma, I wonder if you folks "fully" understand the scoring system? I drive fast and never had an issue with the scoring when it was in effect. I learned how to engage and disengage AP at the right time. How you get satisfaction soon :)
Do you always take corners slow enough for minivans to pass you? The scoring system is bullshit. Having maintained no lower than a 98 for over 6 months is proof I know how it works. Driving to maintain that score his a horrible experience for owning a sports sedan.

Do you always take corners slow enough for minivans to pass you? The scoring system is bullshit. Having maintained no lower than a 98 for over 6 months is proof I know how it works. Driving to maintain that score his a horrible experience for owning a sports sedan.
I can see you are sensitive to this. But also making a terrible assumption about the way I drive to support your belief. You are taking my comment in a negative way of thinking. Simply curious if you understand the system and you went ballistic.
Perhaps the score is terrible for you, but it was fine for me and some others. Just don't use it and save your blood pressure from raising. :)

Last edited:
Where was it said we needed >100 autopilot miles? I was always under the impression it was just 100 normal driving miles.

Also noticing a trend in this thread, we all seem to have opted out and back in fairly recently. Is there anyone who didn't get it, good safety score, and hasn't opted out since months ago?

I can see you are sensitive to this. But also making a terrible assumption about the way I drive to support your belief. You are taking my comment in a negative way of thinking. Simply curious if you understand the system and you went ballistic.
Perhaps the score is terrible for you, but it was fine for me and some others. Just don't use it and save your blood pressure from raising. :)
Anyone who says the safety score doesn’t require unnecessarily slow driving is either lying or drives like a grandma by default and they don’t realize they are the grandma driver we are referring to.

- Using the brake pads at all = aggressive braking
- Roundabouts / turns at the natural speed of traffic = aggressive turning
- Merging into traffic = following too closely
- Passing a car that has moved to a turn only lane = Forward collision warning

Anyone who says the safety score doesn’t require unnecessarily slow driving is either lying or drives like a grandma by default and they don’t realize they are the grandma driver we are referring to.

while I like the comment, as a former Navy pilot, I certainly don't drive people think grandmas drive. some of your examples are exaggerated. I just know how to use the AP to the best advantage. I wonder where that "driving like grandma" came from. Those people never met our grandma. We called her "Lead foot Linda" :)

It means everything.

You'll never get an update if its not checking for updates.

To my knowledge there is no known bug with the date reporting so if I was you I'd open a service ticket to get it fixed.

Reactions: KrenGrl

By noting that a high percentage of drivers I see across the USA drive very aggressively and tailgate, then I am not surprised someone might say this. I could turn this around and say that people who drive more dangerous than others would say they would be driving like a grandma if asked to simply drive sanely. And you are wrong. One does not have to drive "unnecessarily slow" as you say. Sounds like you don't understand the score. I drive really fast and have no issue with being scored poorly because of it.

It means everything.

You'll never get an update if its not checking for updates.

To my knowledge there is no known bug with the date reporting so if I was you I'd open a service ticket to get it fixed.
Interestingly, I just got 2022.12.3.16 pushed to me (non-FSD) despite doing nothing aside from the reboot yesterday and toggling standard and advanced updates (I always keep it on Advanced). Really bummed out to not get 3.20. I have driven impeccably well for half a year now. That said, I have almost no Autopilot miles (kept intentionally low because they do not count for or against you), so maybe that is a factor.

Where was it said we needed >100 autopilot miles? I was always under the impression it was just 100 normal driving miles.

Also noticing a trend in this thread, we all seem to have opted out and back in fairly recently. Is there anyone who didn't get it, good safety score, and hasn't opted out since months ago?
Me, two cars, both opted in for months, never opted out.

2018 S, opted in January 2022, has safety score of 96, never been lower than that, and 2025 miles over last 30 days. Most on AP. So no idea why this one did not get it.

2022 S, opted in March 2022, has 98 safety score, never been lower. However that one only has 275 miles over last 30 days, 133 over last week. Unfortunately I missed the whole 100 miles on AP thing. So I am going to go drive that +100 miles on AP today. Hope that helps.

• Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl