Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

95+ score and no FSD Beta today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where was it said we needed >100 autopilot miles? I was always under the impression it was just 100 normal driving miles.

Pretty sure it's just 100mi minimum. Using AP is not a requirement. They introduced the 100mi requirement around the first cohort back in Oct 2021 (v10.2) because there were people abusing the score by driving a couple miles, getting a 100 score, and then not touching their car.

good point, but does anyone know what percentage of total drivers it represents? I assume (maybe wrongly) very small.

Based on what I've seen in other threads, you can multiply the numbers in TeslaFi by 11 to estimate the actual fleet numbers. So if TeslaFi reports 100 cars getting something, it means around 1100 cars got it fleetwide. In other words, about 9% of the fleet uses TeslaFi.

Reactions: Dogtone
Car/Background: 2017 Model X (6/2017 build), MCU2, AP2 Cameras swapped out/upgraded on 18 Mar 2022 after being invited in Feb 2022 [long wait for parts]. Located in the Central Coast, CA.

History: I opted in way back when the button first was available, even holding a solid 99-100 score for months before the twitter postings of Elon mentioning cameras being a requirement, so then I opted out. But after people started getting invited, I opted back in Jan 2022. Got a camera invite early Feb 2022. I've stayed enrolled, and without modifying my driving score have been a 97 driver, all the way through . But I knew this would be threatened based on having to travel down south for a roadtrip/family vacation and on 29 May 2022, dropped to 96.

I was solidly a 97 before the memorial day holiday weekend, but after having to venture south and drive through LA traffic and having my FIRST EVER (under SS) x2 FCWs (the first and only ones since hitting the button back in Jan 2022 [I opted out in late Nov after cameras were revealed to be the limiting factor, but then re-enrolled and got cameras installed in Mar 2022]. I've been a 96 ever since.

I'm pretty sure I have the autopilot/autosteer 100 miles, since I've been "enrolled into queue" since Jan 2022. Dissappointed that my score of 96 (off by 1 point?) may be the culprit. I'll wait patiently, and will be delighted with a surprise push during the week.

Pretty sure it's just 100mi minimum. Using AP is not a requirement. They introduced the 100mi requirement around the first cohort back in Oct 2021 (v10.2) because there were people abusing the score by driving a couple miles, getting a 100 score, and then not touching their car.
Not according to this:

New requirement added a few weeks back.

Well I went and did a 174 mile trip on the freeway today, just to be sure I got the 100 miles on AP requirement. Hopefully they do another push soon, otherwise I am going to be seriously pissed. The lack of communication from Tesla around the requirements is very frustrating.
Update, after my drive today, and tweeting Elon, I just got the update notification a few minutes ago!! Not sure which of the two was key, but I am happy :)

Update, after my drive today, and tweeting Elon, I just got the update notification a few minutes ago!! Not sure which of the two was key, but I am happy :)
Note, I drove the 174 miles in my 2022, and that is the one that got the notification. The other had no extra miles added and no notification (as of yet). So I am reasonably sure it was the 100 AP requirement that did the trick.

Anyone with a new car (less than a month old) get the beta today?

I got it on an early May refresh X with a 98 safety score and roughly 1000 miles since opting in (including a bunch on autosteer).

For what it’s worth I got “connect to wifi to download the update” on Saturday afternoon, but I was away from home. By Sunday morning it had downloaded anyway, so that was nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark II
By noting that a high percentage of drivers I see across the USA drive very aggressively and tailgate, then I am not surprised someone might say this. I could turn this around and say that people who drive more dangerous than others would say they would be driving like a grandma if asked to simply drive sanely. And you are wrong. One does not have to drive "unnecessarily slow" as you say. Sounds like you don't understand the score. I drive really fast and have no issue with being scored poorly because of it.
I maintained a 98 / 99 score for 5 months before I gave up last month. I know exactly how the score works. Maintaining that score meant doing all the things I mentioned like never using the brake pads and turning slowly.

I do not believe you ‘drive really fast’ unless you are only doing it on streets with no traffic and no turns.

Reactions: Mark II
I maintained a 98 / 99 score for 5 months before I gave up last month. I know exactly how the score works. Maintaining that score meant doing all the things I mentioned like never using the brake pads and turning slowly.

I do not believe you ‘drive really fast’ unless you are only doing it on streets with no traffic and no turns.
Agreed with this. I drive a total of 14 miles a day, basically two round trips of 7 miles. There's a road I have to drive on that has a speed limit of 50 MPH. I have to slow down to 17 MPH to make a 90 degree right turn with traffic behind me. I found that if I took the turn (an easy turn, at greater than 17 MPH) when I got home my 100 scored drive would be a 96 or 97 because it counted it as an aggressive turn, even though traffic piled up behind you (probably fuming) as you grandma decelerated and gently turned your car onto the side street.

THEN, the other way I daily lose points is reversing my car up the driveway into the garage. I have a slight incline and while doing the final 2-3 feet maneuvering if I hit the brakes just too hard after "pushing" the car up the slope it will ding me for hard braking. It doesn't rain much in California, but I've noticed when it does rain or I've just washed the car, I noticed the "aggressive" braking to be more of a factor.

It's a ridiculous scoring metric, and honestly super disappointed that because my drive (despite having been enrolled since Jan 2022) probably does not have enough autosteer miles because my daily commute is small, and while I took a 700 mile road trip to Palm Springs and back using AP extensively, there's no way for me to discern how short I am of the AP mileage without doing a ridiculous drive for the sake of seeing if I even have a chance to still make the push, despite the fact that it's probably already been decided, and it would just be a waste of time.

Based on what I've seen in other threads, you can multiply the numbers in TeslaFi by 11 to estimate the actual fleet numbers. So if TeslaFi reports 100 cars getting something, it means around 1100 cars got it fleetwide. In other words, about 9% of the fleet uses TeslaFi.
Uh, help me with the math on that? There are roughly a couple million (or more) Teslas out there, but TeslaFi doesn't have 200,000 users; more like a bit under 18,000. Sounds to me like TeslaFi has something in the range of under 1% of the fleet. What am I missing?

I know her. She drives 80 or 85 across the interstate going out to the gigafactory every day. I call that fast. You probably know that driving fast does not ding the score and probably the reason grl can keep the score high. Lots of miles with little braking or sharp turning. Oh and there is little traffic on i80 going out that way in the middle of the day, so easy to drive fast without getting a tailgate ding. That's also how I kept a 100 until getting FSD beta.

Last edited:
I got it on an early May refresh X with a 98 safety score and roughly 1000 miles since opting in (including a bunch on autosteer).

For what it’s worth I got “connect to wifi to download the update” on Saturday afternoon, but I was away from home. By Sunday morning it had downloaded anyway, so that was nice.
Which FW version were you on prior to the beta? Was it a 2022.11.101.x build?