Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

95+ score and no FSD Beta today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on what I've seen in other threads, you can multiply the numbers in TeslaFi by 11 to estimate the actual fleet numbers. So if TeslaFi reports 100 cars getting something, it means around 1100 cars got it fleetwide. In other words, about 9% of the fleet uses TeslaFi.
I think you just take the percentages of teslaFi to be roughly the percentages of the fleet. Meaning if 10% of the TeslaFi fleet have a certain version, then assume it's 10% of the whole fleet. It's the same way they do political polling - they don't poll everyone, they just do a few thousand people and it turns out to be a fairly accurate predictor most of the time.

There is an issue of TeslaFi owners being a biased sample (tech savvy, opted in to the beta, etc.) so if anything TeslaFi would likely be an over-predictor of beta usage.

Uh, help me with the math on that? There are roughly a couple million (or more) Teslas out there, but TeslaFi doesn't have 200,000 users; more like a bit under 18,000. Sounds to me like TeslaFi has something in the range of under 1% of the fleet. What am I missing?

You'll have to dig around the forums to find the derivation of that 1:11 ratio. Maybe only applies to FSD beta population? I never verified it, so I can't say for sure how accurate it is. I'm also not a TeslaFi user, but I will check their website here and there to see when a firmware update is pushed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Which FW version were you on prior to the beta? Was it a 2022.11.101.x build?
It was not a 101 build — IIRC I got 2022.12.3.2 within a day after taking delivery, and then 2022.12.3.12 a week or so after that. I was actually worried I had gone too far ahead to get the beta until we saw the specific release number for it. I did set up Wi-Fi immediately on getting home, it gets signal where I park overnight, and I set my software update preferences to Advanced… I was trying my best to get updates. :)

I got one of the last Xs before the swivel screen, so it’s always possible newer ones need to be kept on the factory release until some particular hardware support is added to the general release. (Though I’d have thought we’d have heard if nobody with an assembly date after mid-April was getting software updates.)

It was not a 101 build — IIRC I got 2022.12.3.2 within a day after taking delivery, and then 2022.12.3.12 a week or so after that. I was actually worried I had gone too far ahead to get the beta until we saw the specific release number for it. I did set up Wi-Fi immediately on getting home, it gets signal where I park overnight, and I set my software update preferences to Advanced… I was trying my best to get updates. :)

I got one of the last Xs before the swivel screen, so it’s always possible newer ones need to be kept on the factory release until some particular hardware support is added to the general release. (Though I’d have thought we’d have heard if nobody with an assembly date after mid-April was getting software updates.)
Same here, I have an AP near my garage just for this too and it's on wifi with good signal. But no updates for me since delivery. Hopefully soon.

Still waiting at 99 score since January. I do wonder if the 100 miles on autopilot is really a thing, because I almost never used it before the past few days (in the hopes of getting to 100, which will likely take a week or so on my commutes).

Still waiting at 99 score since January. I do wonder if the 100 miles on autopilot is really a thing, because I almost never used it before the past few days (in the hopes of getting to 100, which will likely take a week or so on my commutes).
It is absolutely a thing. I know for a fact my 2022 did not have 100 miles AP, so I drove 174 miles AP on Sunday just to be sure, then later that night got the update. I was not sure about the 2018, since my wife mostly drives and said she hardly used AP, so today I drove it about 78 miles on AP and got the update about 30 minutes later. I was planning to drive it more later this evening, but did not need to :)

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
It is absolutely a thing. I know for a fact my 2022 did not have 100 miles AP, so I drove 174 miles AP on Sunday just to be sure, then later that night got the update. I was not sure about the 2018, since my wife mostly drives and said she hardly used AP, so today I drove it about 78 miles on AP and got the update about 30 minutes later. I was planning to drive it more later this evening, but did not need to :)
So, is it 100 miles cumulative over x amount of time on AP, or 100miles at one crack? I probably have 800-900 miles of AP since enrolling on 05.19.22. Score has been 100 since day 1. I’m still stuck on the factory .101.1 software, I’m sure this why I haven’t been moved onto .20.

My last understanding as of about 5 weeks ago is that it is 100 miles total within last 30 days. Does not have to be all at once. I'll ask again tomorrow when I am out there.
That would be my experience. I.e. my 2018 had some AP miles, I just did not know how much. After I drove about 78 miles on AP I got the notification. So it added the miles to what I had previously.