Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

95+ score and no FSD Beta today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With my luck the beta expansion ended last night at midnight and I missed the cutoff by 2 hours. 🤷🏾‍♂🤦🏾‍♂️
Never mind, looks like my 100 mile AP drive late last night did the trick. FSD beta is downloading to my car as we speak.

1654638733459.gif

I have a Plaid X with a 99, had my car at service for 5 days (they did nothing btw, it just sat there because they ordered the wrong part) so I had to be a Karen and snatch the car back from them. Of course I didn’t get the update while it was in service mode, and probably missed the “wave”. Sigh.

Car/Background: 2017 Model X (6/2017 build), MCU2, AP2 Cameras swapped out/upgraded on 18 Mar 2022 after being invited in Feb 2022 [long wait for parts]. Located in the Central Coast, CA.

History: I opted in way back when the button first was available, even holding a solid 99-100 score for months before the twitter postings of Elon mentioning cameras being a requirement, so then I opted out. But after people started getting invited, I opted back in Jan 2022. Got a camera invite early Feb 2022. I've stayed enrolled, and without modifying my driving score have been a 97 driver, all the way through . But I knew this would be threatened based on having to travel down south for a roadtrip/family vacation and on 29 May 2022, dropped to 96.

I was solidly a 97 before the memorial day holiday weekend, but after having to venture south and drive through LA traffic and having my FIRST EVER (under SS) x2 FCWs (the first and only ones since hitting the button back in Jan 2022 [I opted out in late Nov after cameras were revealed to be the limiting factor, but then re-enrolled and got cameras installed in Mar 2022]. I've been a 96 ever since.

I'm pretty sure I have the autopilot/autosteer 100 miles, since I've been "enrolled into queue" since Jan 2022. Dissappointed that my score of 96 (off by 1 point?) may be the culprit. I'll wait patiently, and will be delighted with a surprise push during the week.

Oh I just wanted to update everyone that my use case did in fact result in being granted FSD Beta during the subsequent push yesterday afternoon. Thanks for the support group, and really wishing and hoping all of you that are on the cusp (90-ish scores) get it soon!

I just went on a 200 mile autopilot drive tonight. Safety score 99. Fingers crossed that I wake up to a pleasant surprise tomorrow.

I don't need Wifi to at least know that the beta is being offered to me, right? I only need Wifi to download it, correct?

I just went on a 200 mile autopilot drive tonight. Safety score 99. Fingers crossed that I wake up to a pleasant surprise tomorrow.

I don't need Wifi to at least know that the beta is being offered to me, right? I only need Wifi to download it, correct?

FWIW the roll outs seem to be happening around 5pm CST, so I would say you may see it tomorrow afternoon rather than tonight.

Correct re: wifi, only to download.

Reactions: nuface

FWIW the roll outs seem to be happening around 5pm CST, so I would say you may see it tomorrow afternoon rather than tonight.

Correct re: wifi, only to download.

Thank you for that information. I was wondering if there was a particular time when the roll outs were happening!
I’m not sure there is a certain time it rolls out. I think you just have to get your car to check for an update once you meet the 100 mile AP criteria.

I completed my 100 mile penance around 2am. Around 3pm later that day I still had nothing. Out of curiosity I checked the last update checked date / time and it said 11pm from the previous day, so about 3 hours before I did my 100 AP miles.

I wanted to trigger another check so I toggled the advanced software setting off then back on, randomly started poking around the UI and about 30 seconds later I saw the beta start downloading.

TLDR; Drive 100 miles on AP, then toggle the advanced software setting off then on to trigger the FSD beta download.

Not confirmed but a theory based on my experience.