Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

950 miles in two days. Taking an electric road trip in a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thecloud

As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive
Nov 24, 2014
Sunnyvale, CA
A really positive article from CNN that covers the current reality of taking a road trip in a Tesla, versus 6 years ago:
CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

One of my favorite quotes from the article: "Tesla Superchargers are just cooler than other EV chargers, many of which look like vacuum cleaners strapped to poles and left to die. Tesla's, on the other hand, look like something you wouldn't mind having in your living room. Also, they're fast."

My favorite quote from the article was:

“...I decided I was safer on a long, monotonous drive using the system than not using it. I was safer, that is, if I used Autopilot the way it was intended and not, as some people have, as a substitute for driving. Autopilot does not make you a passenger. It makes you a less tired driver. I was still driving all the time, but with help from cameras and sensors to keep the car in its lane, maintain a safe distance from other cars and assist with lane changes. My eyes were still on the road, my hands were still on the steering wheel.”

This is a perfect explanation for the uninitiated to understand.