Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$9500 rental bill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
m9lw89.jpg

So i returned this loaner after 2 wks back in july but somehow tesla has had it billed to me for 3 1/2 months and sent me a bill for $9500 (which they graciously took care of, of course).

But how do so many mistakes like this happen at this company? Where has this car been for 3 months?!?

Also how much cash is tesla blowing but building poor quality cars and having to run these service centers??

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and Akikiki
But how do so many mistakes like this happen at this company? Where has this car been for 3 months?!?

Also how much cash is tesla blowing but building poor quality cars and having to run these service centers??

This is certainly one way to look at it.

The way I look at it is...and I'll caveat this by saying I'm not an accountant and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...but expenses can be a good thing for businesses because they become tax write-offs and help reduce taxable income for the company, especially if said company is not making money. While they may not be profiting off of these service centers and carrying high cost such as what you have shown, and yes, some owners have definitely had some bad experiences with problematic vehicles...there are benefits from Tesla's perspective of how this probably all works out for them, especially as they turn the corner for profitability. Obviously, any car manufacturer would prefer top-line revenue with better quality vehicles over less taxable income.

m9lw89.jpg

So i returned this loaner after 2 wks back in july but somehow tesla has had it billed to me for 3 1/2 months and sent me a bill for $9500 (which they graciously took care of, of course).

A lot. I've had service call me telling me I didn't show up for a service appointment....meanwhile a tech was working on it.

They're growing; at an insane pace. That means new people, new hires, and a crazy learning curve. That introduces opportunity for someone to forget to check your car back in. Which if they had a car based inventory rental system is one thing; but it sounds like they have a customer based inventory system. So that car may have gone back out; but nobody closed out your tab.