Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#969 - Black - Ramsey, NJ [SOLD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm new to this forum--although have been reading it for a couple of years now. I'm looking to purchase a roadster, and I saw this one on Ebay, but the battery charge state picture looks really odd. It seems to be charged to about 85%, but the miles reads only 80. Can someone with experience look at this photo and offer advice on battery condition?
Tesla Roadster Battery state.jpg

Attachments

• Tesla Roadster Battery state.jpg
    Tesla Roadster Battery state.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,060
Last edited by a moderator:
That appears to be the projected range (based on how the car has been driven), rather than the ideal range (what you should probably use to determine battery health). I looked at the pics for it on eBay (Tesla : Other Sport No Reserve in Tesla | eBay Motors ) and they don't have a shot of the ideal range. It would be on the VCS display (the one that shows as displaying 'maintenance required' in the pics - which is something else you'd need to pay for).

I think that car may have been a store demo early on before it was first sold.

That's right. It was still available out of New York 14 months back, with lower miles and much higher price tag, available "new" (to first owner other than dealer) after being a demo car. Think it was ~$120kish as discounted then with maybe 8k miles, but those bits are foggy after a year in sig green.:wink:

That's right. It was still available out of New York 14 months back, with lower miles and much higher price tag, available "new" (to first owner other than dealer) after being a demo car. Think it was ~$120kish as discounted then with maybe 8k miles, but those bits are foggy after a year in sig green.:wink:

If your recollection is correct Pharma, that sounds like the warranty might only be around a year old? Could that be true? That'd seem like a real bonus if true.

If your recollection is correct Pharma, that sounds like the warranty might only be around a year old? Could that be true? That'd seem like a real bonus if true.

The first part is correct - it was available Dec 2011 since a previous party was unable to close and had consented to the company shopping it. TSLA wanted to move all U.S. roadsters by year end 2011. It's the discounted $ and miles that are foggy. Full price was ~$146k.

Best thing is to ask on the exact warranty.

tesla for sale

Hi, I'm new to this forum--although have been reading it for a couple of years now. I'm looking to purchase a roadster, and I saw this one on Ebay, but the battery charge state picture looks really odd. It seems to be charged to about 85%, but the miles reads only 80. Can someone with experience look at this photo and offer advice on battery condition?
View attachment 16956

If you are still in the market, I just posted (2 days ago) my Very Orange 2011 Tesla for sale.

Pharma5 and Teg for the win!

You are correct that 969 began life as a demo / test drive car. As best I can tell, it was one of the first 2.5 Sports built. The bonus with it starting off as a demo car is that it's first annual maintenance is due about now, so it's not only under warranty, it has a couple more years to go.

You are correct that 969 began life as a demo / test drive car. As best I can tell, it was one of the first 2.5 Sports built. The bonus with it starting off as a demo car is that it's first annual maintenance is due about now, so it's not only under warranty, it has a couple more years to go.

We like to win.:cool:

Had an old 1-page flyer on #969 and a couple of conversations two decembers ago, just not a fit at the time. Congrats and share pics when you can.

Did you get the car yet and if so how do you like it???

I did get it Herb, and my wife and I both love it. It's a very different driving experience from what I've ever had before; still getting used to it, but this is NOT an acquired taste. This is one that goes down easy :)

Life has been way crazy - look for some pics and a post coming soon, maybe this weekend.