Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

98 Score - Got FSD Beta?

Sustained 98 Safety Score?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@JonNRb so after some drive and reset in car plus close/reopen app, log out/log in app. Safety Score is still there. I do have Tesla insurance. Not sure if that is the reason or perhaps we have 3 different phone with access. I am in Bay Area, anyone else in Bay Area with FSD beta plus Tesla insurance have their safety score disappeared? Thanks.
Weeeiiirrddd. AFAIU, the Tesla Insurance SS thing is only in Texas. OOC, can you use FSD Beta?

Does anybody have Beta FSD with a 2017 MS (mine is built Oct of 17 upgraded to MCU2 and HW3). Just curious if my setup is beta capable or if I’ll require new cameras before getting access. Been at 98 for weeks and will turn 99 tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
I have the very same. Mine came with AP 2.5 and I upgraded to MCU2 and HW3. I have been at 99 for 3 weeks and nothing. So close to saying screw it I am out and get back to enjoying driving again.

Just finished installing, but havent received the email and the FSD Beta toggle isnt in my menu. I stopped charging to see if it will go into deep sleep and update it. Anyone else had this issue?
I have the exact same issue the toggle is not available and the notes say I have to accept terms but the terms cannot be found anywhere. In fact it still lets me opt-in or out like I have not received the software yet. My safety score did disappear from the App.

Any Ideas? I have already power cycled the car through the menu, gone for a drive and parked again, and reset by holding the steering wheel buttons.

Reactions: ABerry
I just called a co-worker who was the first in the area with FSD (that we know of, though he worked for Tesla so he may very well be) and he said we should have seen the toggle. Did you get the email? Im going to top up my tires and washer fluid (got the notification earlier today) and see if those being clear will let it activate.

I just called a co-worker who was the first in the area with FSD (that we know of, though he worked for Tesla so he may very well be) and he said we should have seen the toggle. Did you get the email? Im going to top up my tires and washer fluid (got the notification earlier today) and see if those being clear will let it activate.
I did not receive an email at all. Just got the update to the software and I have no active notifications. My autopilot menu has not changed at all.

Does anybody have Beta FSD with a 2017 MS (mine is built Oct of 17 upgraded to MCU2 and HW3). Just curious if my setup is beta capable or if I’ll require new cameras before getting access. Been at 98 for weeks and will turn 99 tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!
Just a quick update: I hit 99 yesterday and received beta 36.8.8 this afternoon (just over 24 hours after hitting 99 on my score!). Best of luck to others who have not yet received the download. I did not get and email, and was not even on WiFi (downloaded automatically by LTE). My beta SS disappeared from the app before I even had my first drive with the new software.

Reactions: dropgems and ABerry
Just a quick update: I hit 99 yesterday and received beta 36.8.8 this afternoon (just over 24 hours after hitting 99 on my score!). Best of luck to others who have not yet received the download. I did not get and email, and was not even on WiFi (downloaded automatically by LTE). My beta SS disappeared from the app before I even had my first drive with the new software.
Do you have the fsd beta toggle in the autopilot menu?

It will be interesting to see what happens with my score. Currently at 98 and out of town away from my Plaid S which hasn’t been driven since 11/26.
A two day road 900+ mile trip will fall off starting on Tuesday
On Tuesday 525 miles @ 97 will fall off taking me to 100.
Leaving me with 410 miles, all at 100 (thanks to Autopilot)
However, on Wedneday 397 miles @ 100 will fall off leaving me with only 13 miles total (at 100)
So I believe I’ll have 1 day to sneak into beta, assuming I need 100 miles total.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what happens with my score. Currently at 98 and out of town away from my Plaid S which hasn’t been driven since 11/26.
A two day road 900+ mile trip will fall off starting on Tuesday
On Tuesday 525 miles @ 97 will fall off taking me to 100.
Leaving me with 410 miles, all at 100 (thanks to Autopilot)
However, on Wedneday 397 miles @ 100 will fall off leaving me with only 13 miles total (at 100)
So I believe I’ll have 1 day to sneak into beta, assuming I need 100 miles total.
Lol yea I’m looking at my next 3 days where all 100’s are coming off and stressing. Jesus… slip me in before I screw it all up! Bastards!

I did not receive an email at all. Just got the update to the software and I have no active notifications. My autopilot menu has not changed at all.
Found a Solution Just unplug the MCU and plug it back in. It is part of the instructions from Ingenext for their ghost module that I most definitely do not have installed in my car.

Turn the power off in the service or safety/security menu then unplug it wait a sec and plug it back in. Worked like a charm.

Turn the power off in the service or safety/security menu
It's been a while, but I also had issues with the toggle not showing up with the initial FSD Beta 10.2 public release. I tried a couple 2-button resets that didn't seem to help, but I'm pretty sure the final thing that got it working for me was the "Safety & Security > Power Off" and closing/walking away. I did this from some parking lot away from home after a very quick drive and realizing something was missing, but I didn't need to unplug anything.

Found a Solution Just unplug the MCU and plug it back in. It is part of the instructions from Ingenext for their ghost module that I most definitely do not have installed in my car.

Turn the power off in the service or safety/security menu then unplug it wait a sec and plug it back in. Worked like a charm.

Ah interesting. I wonder if the other people who have had issues enabling FSD but got the update also definitely do not have the ghost module installed in their cars ;)

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow
Ah, interesting. I wonder if the other people who have had issues enabling FSD but got the update also definitely do not have the ghost module installed in their cars ;)
A ghost module was not installed when I downloaded and installed the FSD update. Then, one may have been installed and tested and working normally in case others are curious. Of course, I can neither confirm nor deny that the ghost module works on a car with 2021.36.8.8 and you should defer to ingenext but....

• Helpful
Reactions: JonNRb and ABerry