Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

98 Score - Got FSD Beta?

Sustained 98 Safety Score?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sustained 98, no fsd beta received yet. Waiting.......... This sucks
Same here, Nick. I’ve been at 98 since Oct 29th. I’ve been trying to think of all the reasons I’ve been stuck on version 2021.32.22 for two months. The only thing I have done is have Tesla install the towing package onto my 2020 MY a few months ago. There are only a handful of folks reporting data still on that version on teslafi. Starting to get a little frustrated…

Finally made it to 99! Anyone know how much my chances to get beta increased?
For the first few weeks after 10.2 was released, they were sending out FSD beta to everyone that met the current score requirement on the evening that they hit the required score.

That seems to have changed recently, so unfortunately at this point it's just a game of "hurry up and wait." : /

Is it possible to contact a SC and request the camera upgrade installation, or is it strictly "By Invitation Only" at this point?
Unfortunately no. I and several others have tried without success. The answers initially were "we have no procedure for that" to more lately "you need to wait for the invitation.". Many of those who were invited are not real clear either and have had trouble getting the right parts. There are a couple I'm aware of who have had the camera swap - none I've seen have been invited to the FSD beta program.

There has been many dozens of tweets to Elon and Tesla. They did say they would upgrade the cameras for free based on SS - the latter part is apparently not accurate. Just radio silence for 99.99% of our attempts to reach out to anyone via social media or any other method.

Without additional data points we are left to our own conclusions. We feel abandoned by Tesla. I suspect it will happen to others with all Tesla cars that are a few years old.

Not to hijack the thread - my only point for here is that anything Elon says is baloney. Even if he were to say something accurately, he's the "boy who cried wolf" and has serious integrity issues at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Unfortunately no. I and several others have tried without success. The answers initially were "we have no procedure for that" to more lately "you need to wait for the invitation.". Many of those who were invited are not real clear either and have had trouble getting the right parts. There are a couple I'm aware of who have had the camera swap - none I've seen have been invited to the FSD beta program.

There has been many dozens of tweets to Elon and Tesla. They did say they would upgrade the cameras for free based on SS - the latter part is apparently not accurate. Just radio silence for 99.99% of our attempts to reach out to anyone via social media or any other method.

Without additional data points we are left to our own conclusions. We feel abandoned by Tesla. I suspect it will happen to others with all Tesla cars that are a few years old.

Not to hijack the thread - my only point for here is that anything Elon says is baloney. Even if he were to say something accurately, he's the "boy who cried wolf" and has serious integrity issues at this point.
I like to think of Elon’s statements as “aspirational”
Wishes that often come true… (eventually)

The emails might be dependant on whether or not your car was vision only from the get go. My MY is vision only, never built with a radar and I had to acknowledge that fact during the purchase process.

I never received any emails for the FSD beta program before or after download/install. The old lady's M3 has a radar but we haven't joined the beta on that one yet so I can't directly compare but my hypothesis is:

If you have a radar: You get an email for the vision only disclaimer
If your car is already vision only: no email

By all means, please prove me wrong as that is why I posted this - to test the hypothesis.
I have a Model Y built on July 3rd, 2020 with radar. It came with all of the sensors, and yet I never received a email regarding FSD only the download.

Im sure we have reached the point, or getting very close, where Tesla has placated all the die hards that wanted FSD (ie the most vocal people that spent hours/have extra time/cars etc to get to 99/100), and doubt they will expand FSD beta much wider. They know its not ready for prime time/wide release and can't risk accidents/deaths at this point.

Highly doubt the majority of FSD owners will get FSD anytime soon and will prob be years before this happens. I had 98 for weeks and dropped down to 97 because my 100 scores from last month dropped...im done playing this game...will prob revert and get all the new sentry mode updates instead.

Im sure we have reached the point, or getting very close, where Tesla has placated all the die hards that wanted FSD (ie the most vocal people that spent hours/have extra time/cars etc to get to 99/100), and doubt they will expand FSD beta much wider. They know its not ready for prime time/wide release and can't risk accidents/deaths at this point.

Highly doubt the majority of FSD owners will get FSD anytime soon and will prob be years before this happens. I had 98 for weeks and dropped down to 97 because my 100 scores from last month dropped...im done playing this game...will prob revert and get all the new sentry mode updates instead.
I understand being done "playing this game", I get that but I think you're way off on timeline. The more testers, the more data and that's what they're looking for. I wouldn't give up so fast but yes, if you're at a 97, if could be a couple months for you but not "years"

I understand being done "playing this game", I get that but I think you're way off on timeline. The more testers, the more data and that's what they're looking for. I wouldn't give up so fast but yes, if you're at a 97, if could be a couple months for you but not "years"
There is also a world where FSD beta is opened up but with more confirmations. Like confirm to change lane, hold turn signal to complete turn, confirm to proceed on green, etc. Not saying that's what they'll do, but a lot of the risks could be mitigated allowing it to become more available.

But for someone at a 97, it may be worth just resetting and doing that 100 mile drive on AutoPilot. This was never about the score... it was just a way to gate too many people from joining at once. At this point, we all know how to play the game, and many are just being held back by historical scores.