Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

98 Score - Got FSD Beta?

Sustained 98 Safety Score?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10.6 has been stopped. It went only to previous beta participants, and not even all of them I think. An unspecified problem was found, and now we are waiting for 10.6.1. So far, there is no 10.6.1, not even to the internal beta team. Once it is released internally, then a day or so later it should go to existing participants. Eventually, if no new problems are found, it may come to the 98s. I've been at 98 for a while, and this week some old scores dropped off so now I am at 99. But I don't have it yet, and I don't expect it until 10.6.1 is ready for us.

I keep getting dinged with an occasional front collision warning. Drive to downtown Philadelphia everyday. People constantly cutting in front of me, slam on the brakes etc. Anyone have a work around for this? Is it as easy as turning off the collision warning or setting it up for late notification? Went from a 98 to 97 this morning because of one warning which did even require hard braking. All onumber look great. So frustrating.

I keep getting dinged with an occasional front collision warning. Drive to downtown Philadelphia everyday. People constantly cutting in front of me, slam on the brakes etc. Anyone have a work around for this? Is it as easy as turning off the collision warning or setting it up for late notification? Went from a 98 to 97 this morning because of one warning which did even require hard braking. All onumber look great. So frustrating.
Soft reset after each “bad” drive with the scroll wheel.

Reactions: Fitz1414
Was at 100 until a forward collision warning. Now sitting at 98. Wish I had known about that soft reset lol. Now I know ... I've only been in queue about 6 days. So hope maybe I'll get this .1 release :)

One thing that irritates me, I get unsafe following when in FSD and the settings set at 6 car lengths. It's like a high rate and most of the long drive I did was almost all on FSD.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211212-160104~2.png
    Screenshot_20211212-160104~2.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 107
how you do that?
a quick google yield
So, basically, after each bad drive, before exiting the car or putting the card in Park, you hold down both scroll wheel until the screen turns black. this erases the record of that drive.

From my testing, I can put the car in park, open any doors, exit the car, but as long as my phone is still in the car, I can still do the reset and the trip won't log. But this is my testing, YMMV.

Last edited:
What is a “sustained “ safety score? I‘ve been at 98 for 8 days.
People were saying they got FSD beta with 98. After further investigation, many if not all had recently dropped to 98 from 99 or 100. It has been mentioned that Tesla polls your score often days prior to granting beta access. So score on date of receipt is often irrelevant. Since we don’t have a clear understanding of the timing of this process, it’s difficult to define “sustained”. However a week seems like a reasonable assumption.

What is a “sustained “ safety score? I‘ve been at 98 for 8 days.
Read the first post in this thread for more details…

Reactions: bananaheim
You can reset your safety score by un-enrolling, wait a about 4 hours, enroll again and drive 100 miles. At the end of the 100 miles if you have a 99 or 100 score you will get an email within a few hours saying you can enable FSD. I did this when I had an initial score of 96 (I live in NYC so I’m lucky to have had that high of a score.). This was a month ago, since then I dealt with NYC traffic and no issues with FSD getting revoked.
I’ve driven over 600 miles since I enrolled on November 30, my score is 100/100, and I still don’t have FSD beta… so, no, it’s not “within a few hours”.