Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

99.5% Perfect Delivery - Brooklyn NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PUP, 33xxx, Blue on Black, order 6/22, delayed 6/27 (was not in town), picked up 8/7.

Car was in 99% perfect condition, just 2 items had to be addressed:

1) Driver's door was ever so slightly not flush with rear door; you could only tell if you compared to passenger side. Delivery advisor noted and agreed immediately and setup service.

2) One of the wheel wells was missing one of the plastic plugs.

That's it. Paint was excellent, uniform, no orange peel, no drip bubbles. Interior was clean and intact, all panels were aligned, trunk/frunk opened closed perfectly, no drama with the rear seats.

No excessive wind noise either while getting AP calibrated.

My advisor also said that Brooklyn SC was really trying extra hard to get cars in near perfect shape for delivery; I knew he wasn't talking BS b/c the night before I biked by the SC at 11p and they were still prepping cars.

TL;DR - My car was on par with typical Honda/Toyota spec on delivery; staff were genuinely concerned I was happy with the vehicle and that any issues they wanted to address immediately (vs saying "in spec"). Be confident that you will more than likely be thrilled with your car on delivery day and the QC improvements are happening.

IMG_9582.jpg

Finally looks like Tesla is starting to get their act together and building near perfect cars. Looks like the line workers read Elon's email regarding QC issues.

Congrats @jazz290 !!

I'm about ready to finalize my MY order seeing so many near perfect cars being produced (with easily correctable alignment issues) recently.

Reactions: Spacep0d