Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

993 crunched by Ford Truck!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Total tire rub on drivers door and panel behind door. Rear tire rim total rubber mess from truck front tire....... NO damage to truck...of course!! He was changing lanes into my lane and said he couldn't see me....... and he couldn't. Car still driveable with no major problems other than cosmetic from what I can see. Too dark to post pics tonight. I'll post pics tomorrow.:mad:

That's always been my worry, someone changing lanes and not seeing me. I try to always pass people and not stay stagnant, I also keep a close eye on their front tires and distance they are to me so that I can take corrective action if any before a connect can occur. Lastly if I'm in traffic where I can't pass, I'll accelerate the Roadster a little past the car next to me and fall behind so they recognize I'm there.

And sometimes there is nothing that can be done.

Hopefully its just tire rub and no CF damage or cracking.

I hate being around SUVs and trucks; I try very hard to stay away from them. My closest call ever came when passing a rig on a two lane road - he decided to pass a car while I was beside him. I may have been too low for him to see, but I was also low enough to see under his trailer, and saw the turn blinker on the cab come on. Foot-to-the-floor saved me.

I hate being around SUVs and trucks; I try very hard to stay away from them. My closest call ever came when passing a rig on a two lane road - he decided to pass a car while I was beside him. I may have been too low for him to see, but I was also low enough to see under his trailer, and saw the turn blinker on the cab come on. Foot-to-the-floor saved me.

Thank goodness they use blinkers up there in Canada, here in the states its pure grace if they do. Right about being so low, we actually need to drive the Roadster with a motorcycle mentality... That is that we should not expect that others can see us.

Pictures?

Attachments

• thread-useless-without-pictures.gif
    thread-useless-without-pictures.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 317
Dorn's Body and Paint
Request Rejected
804-746-3928

Brochure says they come to you, flatbed your beauty, and take for repair. States: "Dorn's is proud to be Virginia's only Authorized Tesla collision repair facility for both Structural Aluminum Repair and Body Repairs."

These are the guys that have my new replacement side mirror for paint (see this thread for details). Tyco Tesla Service Center told me about the whole "we'll flatbed your car down to us, do the work, then return it to you" deal but, I'm not 100% sure that applies in my case. They quoted me $200 for the paint work. That seems awfully cheap, if you're going to include paying someone to drive a flatbed 90 minutes (each way) to pick-up/drop-off my car.

Good News!!:biggrin:

The damage was more emotional than physical. The only things damaged were the "Star Shield" (Vinyl Wrap), the rear rubber deflector on the wheel well, the rim got a few scratched (determined after removing about 2mm thick coating of ford tire rubber with alcohol and a griot's microfiber cloth), and the white TESLA DECAL strip.
The pictures are lame....the ones I took on Wed night are too dark to send. Below are the ones I took Thursday. Partial removal of Vinyl Wrap in one shot and remains of rear panel wrap in another. The rim pic has most of the rubber.....the entire wheel was black!

IMG_3345.JPG
IMG_3350.JPG
IMG_3351.JPG
IMG_3352.JPG
IMG_3356.JPG
IMG_3357.JPG
IMG_3358-1.JPG

Hope the pics are not upside down.
Already contacted CHRIS22104 for new decal, contacted Driven Dynamics to replace clear wrap, just need to get a new rubber boot for wheel well! Anybody have any ideas besides contacting TESLA parts? Is it a LOTUS part??:confused:

By the way car drives, charges, acts totally normal but it is going into SC for other issues so a quick structural check will be requested.

IMG_3359.JPG

Last edited: