TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

9H-LDC "Always Dry"

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by gcgp, May 29, 2016.

1. gcgp

gcgp Member

Hi guys.

Has anyone used this product? Supposed to protect your paint, keep it shiny, and keep it dry even preventing watery mud from sticking.

2. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

I have a ceramic bond similar to that. It needs to be "serviced" annually. It protects the paintwork but you still need to wash and maintain. It will retain the new car shine and acts to stop bird droppings etc from penetrating through to the paint. It doesn't stop scratches etc. I don't know about keeping the car "dry". It probably beads the water more and is less sticky than being untreated. It is good (as are most of these types of products) but it doesn't solve all the problems.

3. gcgp

gcgp Member

When you say "serviced" annually, do you mean an application of a new coat? Or is that just basic good old washing?

4. PJF000

PJF000 TOCA Member

In the fine print when you get an authorised applicator to do the job, most applications require you to go back to the authorised applicator for a "service" (at a small charge) so as not to void the warranty. It's not a new coat but just a tidy up where necessary of the original application. It makes one wonder how effective long term these applications are, however it will save you from constantly waxing and immediately getting rid of bird droppings and making sure you never park under a tree that drops sap.

5. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I had CQuartz Finest done and I refresh it about every six months with CQuartz Recharge. It is simply a wipe on wipe off super thin coating that works like a charm to give lots of gloss and dirt rejection. I'm very happy with it. It is extremely easy to apply. Nothing like the old wax and buff days.