Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

9V/10W USB A booster for wireless charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. I’ve found the 7.5W Qi pad fine for a phone. I’ve only ever needed to keep the phone topped up whilst on a long journey, never needed a quick boost. I imagined people wanting to charge a MacBook or something else that needs a lot of power.

Interesting. I’ve found the 7.5W Qi pad fine for a phone. I’ve only ever needed to keep the phone topped up whilst on a long journey, never needed a quick boost. I imagined people wanting to charge a MacBook or something else that needs a lot of power.

My LTE for the car isn't working at the moment. I have to use my phone as a hotspot for the car (Navigation & spotify). On a recent trip the kids tablet were also connected to my phone. Even with the fast wireless charger I was still loosing charge rather than gaining (albeit slowly) With a standard charger this wouldn't have been possible.

Just plugged in the convertors. That's it.

Where/what have you plugged in I think is the bit which is confusing.
Looks like you need to plug into usb and then also 12v outlet?

Won't a £10 quick charge powerbank with pass through charging plugged in between work better? Can even take it with you if you need to and don't need to plug into 12v then.

Where/what have you plugged in I think is the bit which is confusing.
Looks like you need to plug into usb and then also 12v outlet?

Won't a £10 quick charge powerbank with pass through charging plugged in between work better? Can even take it with you if you need to and don't need to plug into 12v then.

From what I gather, he doesn't also need to plug into 12v.

A pwerbank with pass through charging should work. May even work better as it can continue to charge if the car is off but would probably cost over £10.

I only ask because I’m on the hunt for a reasonably priced one. I purchased a different one already but unfortunately it keeps turning off and it needs a button to be pressed to activate it and goes into sleep mode after a few minutes of not being used. Not exactly plug and leave it alone.

I only ask because I’m on the hunt for a reasonably priced one. I purchased a different one already but unfortunately it keeps turning off and it needs a button to be pressed to activate it and goes into sleep mode after a few minutes of not being used. Not exactly plug and leave it alone.

Edited my post before I saw your reply. That one should work. I had looked into getting that originally when I was considering a RPi instead of a hard drive.