Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A 10 minute Survey of Tesla Model S Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!

I'm Geeta Keswani, a student at Columbia University. I am studying the communications strategy of Tesla Motors for my thesis. I chose Tesla because I love their product and I sincerely admire what they're trying to do here!

To learn more about the buyers of Tesla Model S, I made this short 10 minute survey.

Tesla Model S

Please do take 10 minutes of time to answer the survey. I would sincerely appreciate the insights.

Thank you!

Regards,
Geeta

You ask if you own a Model S, my answer is no. Then there is a screen that requires you fill in delivery date, etc.

I've done quite well investing in TSLA though my retirement account (no access to profits). I am sure I will get a Tesla car at some point. But apparently your survey is not targeting people like me.

Sorry about that.

My thesis is focused on Tesla Communication in the US. I apologize for not clarifying in advance.
Thank you for taking the time to answer the survey. I appreciate your help.
I got to the Demographics section and had to quit the survey as I don't live in the US and there wasn't an option to select another residence.. Good luck though.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion! I will definitely have to consider that skew when analyzing the results.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for responding to my survey! Sorry I took so much of your time.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! Thanks for telling me about the survey bug! I'm currently working on understanding the decisions behind purchasing the vehicle.
If I may ask, why haven't you gotten the vehicle yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!
I filled out the survey. Good luck with your thesis.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. Thanks for your suggestion! I will definitely have to consider that skew when analyzing the results.

The order and delivery dates might be skewed by those of use who purchased used/CPO. I would recommend having a new/used option and skip the dates if used.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my survey. I sincerely appreciate it.

I'm on my second Model S, but I answered about my first one. There were a lot of options you could add. We do the best we can.

It took me 30 minutes. I guess I'm slow.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi! Thanks for telling me about the survey bug! I'm currently working on understanding the decisions behind purchasing the vehicle.

You mentioned that you will get a Tesla car at some point. Can you please describe the reasons holding you back from buying the car now?

You ask if you own a Model S, my answer is no. Then there is a screen that requires you fill in delivery date, etc.

I've done quite well investing in TSLA though my retirement account (no access to profits). I am sure I will get a Tesla car at some point. But apparently your survey is not targeting people like me.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Larry,

Thanks for pointing that out to me!

Geeta,

For your question "Which configuration of the Tesla Model S do you own?" my configuration was missing. My car is a P85. It was not listed.

Larry

Dear Greeta,

The question "How often do you charge?" is really strange. There is no way to answer it, because any Tesla will be plugged in any time that it is in garage and not driving. And it usually charges after it is plugged in until finishes, or when the state of charge falls to a level where it needs to charge. It should be the case for everyone.

I could not complete the questionnaire. I do not live in the US.

Good luck with the research! Post the results here!

I completed the survey for my P90D which also was not listed as an option, but I chose the P85D and with the range upgrade it becomes a 90. You also did not have Ludicrous listed as an option. It took me about 13 minutes to complete. Why the metaphor questions? Just curious.

Good luck with your thesis, although I didn't see any specific questions about Tesla's communication efforts on there, so I'm not quite sure how you'll arrive at the answers you are seeking.