Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A.B. in Canada anyone ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, tried searching forum and all I've come up with is USA threads regarding Accelleration Boosts for the 3 vs Performance. And most were 2020s, not that it makes a huge difference to my '22.

Surely if you in the US, roads aren't a disaster like here and more sun than snow you would be safe with the Performance model but just wondering if anyone has
coughed up the $3000 for the AB here in Canada where we have winter 99% of the year ?

I can't afford the P but was considering the 0.5 sec to get halfway there to a P. Anyone done this here in Ontario..Canada? Worth it ? No desire for FSD. Auto is good enough for my needs.

cheers

I kinda, sorta looked at that and thought to myself, "Why?" The .5 sec is only really good if one intends to take it to the drag strip or other track. I opted to spend the $Canadian on tinting, ceramic and ppt instead. The other problem is that there will always be the 2023, 2024, 2025, etc models with better, faster and more $$ so I couldn't justify it. I think (suspect) that they might not be selling a ton of these updates. it's a software update to "release the hounds".

All said with peace and love, amigo.

Reactions: Vawlkus and TezlaTO
I kinda, sorta looked at that and thought to myself, "Why?" The .5 sec is only really good if one intends to take it to the drag strip or other track. I opted to spend the $Canadian on tinting, ceramic and ppt instead. The other problem is that there will always be the 2023, 2024, 2025, etc models with better, faster and more $$ so I couldn't justify it. I think (suspect) that they might not be selling a ton of these updates. it's a software update to "release the hounds".

All said with peace and love, amigo.
Good points here friend. As I’m not one to hold onto a vehicle very long. I’ll be for sure unloading this one before 4yrs is up (warranty)

Besides, I haven’t kept a car longer than 2 yrs lol, sometimes 1.

Appreciate the input.

From oakville ON. I have purchased the ingenext module for my 22’ M3 LR.(mimics AB exactly) And I have to say..wow. It’s a diff car. It’s not just the .5 sec which is actually .7 in reality when testing, it’s the throttle mapping and response at all power ranges. The pedal feels way lighter and the car launches.

The 40-100km and 80-150 (empty side road) also significantly improved. Car feels 500lbs lighter and I actually raced neck and neck with my friends brand new 22’ LR S and we were side by side until 90 at which point the M3 pulled ahead! Astonishing as we both thought the specs on the LR are better on paper. The 40kph pedal to the floor was stronger and punchier than yhe LR S as well. Couldn’t be happier!

More then half way to PM3 as that’s recorded at 3.3sec with rollout…the LR3 w/AB is not far off …so excellent value.

We don't all think alike. I love my Acceleration Boost on my 2020 LR AWD. It wakes the car up. As the post before me says, there's more to it than just a .5s gain in 0-60.
Yes there's winter, but there are plenty of days where the roads are dry with enough traction available. I love being able to pass in front of whoever I please at a stoplight, you don't even need to reach 60...
The price is steep, it made me think about it a couple months before pulling the trigger. The only regret I have is the price, everything else is pure pleasure. We might even get track mode now, as per some Tweet where Elon replied "OK"... we'll see :p

Reactions: Destiny1701
Please explain. The only reason I ordered a M3LR (EDD April/May) was that I would e able to get this AB package. Are you saying it might not be available anymore at some point?
Tesla is notorious for adding and taking away products snap of a finger. For example If they ever realize that Perf sales are too low because too many LR’s with boost, they may axe it to push people to P. Or…because they feel like turning it off 🤷🏽‍♂️

Tesla is notorious for adding and taking away products snap of a finger. For example If they ever realize that Perf sales are too low because too many LR’s with boost, they may axe it to push people to P. Or…because they feel like turning it off 🤷🏽‍♂️
wow... I better check out the availability again just before signing the papers (worst case scenario, I would have lost $250). I hope it won't happen...