Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Better Route Planner got Worse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been using "A Better Route Planner" for years. I just tried to plan a new multi-day road trip and tried using the latest version of the software. I opted for the Premium Version with the intent of paying $50/yr for the subscription. This would be an acceptable price for an enhanced version, but the new version is a poor excuse for a major revision.

The new version is not intuitive and harder to use. It also isn't that useful. I set a state of charge of 90% leaving my Las Vegas residence. It required me to Supercharge at a Las Vegas Supercharger. It also couldn't find a valid route to Burlington, VT. It proposed that I drive 41 mph from Las Vegas to Green River, UT. It skipped Superchargers in St. George, Ut, Beaver, UT and Richfield, UT.

I was happy that the software allowed adding dates and times for waypoints, but this feature is messed up. I added an overnight stop in Grand Junction, CO. I stipulated a 7:00 AM departure on July 9. The software then scheduled a Supercharger event with a departure of 8:00 AM from the Grand Junction Supercharger. Ridiculous!! I then added an overnight stop at Gothenburg, NE. I tried many times clicking July 10 on the calendar to depart on July 10. The software kept changing the date to August 10.

If you wish to delete a waypoint you can't right click on the waypoint on the map to delete it. Instead it adds a marker that is impossible to delete. It is unacceptable to not have the functionality of "right clicking" on the map.

For multi day trips it seems I need to go back and use "My Scenic Drives"