Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Better Route Planner with Model X Performance & 22 inch wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All!

I'm planning on ordering my Model X Performance soon, but am stuck on the decision between the 22 and 20-inch wheels.

I've been using A Better Route Planner to play with my usual driving destinations, trying to understand the impact on real trips I make on a regular basis. What surprises me is that nowhere in ABRP is there any mention of the wheel size on the vehicle model. I thought I saw someone mention in passing once that the "Performance" models on ABRP assume 22" and the "Long Range" models assume 20", but can't fact-check that anywhere.

Does anybody know? Any advice for setting ABRP to match a Raven Model X Performance with 22" wheels?

Reports are all over the place on this topic. Tesla official release says 10% range reduction, but many of us certainly agree that it's more like 15-20%. If you're truly concerned about range, the performance model (let alone an X) might not be the way to go.

I'm not really "concerned about range" so much as trying to understand the tradeoff between charging stops on my favorite trips (I drive a lot between southern Germany and the Netherlands) and the sharp looks of the 22" wheels. That's why I'm primarily interested in how to configure ABRP to match the Raven Performance X with 22" wheels... to make sure I know what I'm getting in to and how much that trip might suck. :)