Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Better Routeplanner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The workaround seems to be to find the charger visually then add as waypoint

I'm halfway through a 3000 mile road trip right now, and this is the workaround I use.

That is a good point. We know very well the name of every charger and should be able to extend the autocomplete search data with specific charger matches. Will look into it!

This would be fantastic, especially since zoom and pan in the car browser is painfully slow to find the destination SC to click on it.

May I also suggest that in the same pass through the data you pick one standard structure for the name and standardise on that? Eg “Tesla Supercharger Bordeaux”.

Disagree. People could do any of the following, and all should work:

• tesla <location>
  • supercharger <location>
  • tesla supercharger <location>
  • <location> tesla
  • <location> supercharger
  • <location> tesla supercharger
or just <location> and if there is a supercharger there, list that first!

In google maps and Waze, I've been using: tesla <location> and it works 99% of the time.

Thanks.

supercharge.info has a database available for download that has all the supercharger data worldwide in a convenient format with standardized city+state names (for the US):

upload_2018-8-15_8-18-8.png

And City,Country for most others:

upload_2018-8-15_8-22-0.png

• Informative
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
Thanks, that would be very helpful. May I also suggest that in the same pass through the data you pick one standard structure for the name and standardise on that? Eg “Tesla Supercharger Bordeaux”. I’ve noticed that some sources have lots of different structures for naming superchargers and as a result, searches don’t always match.

Thanks again for a fabulous tool.

Ok, first stab at adding superchargers to autocomplete results. Try out by typing any address/name containing "suc", "super" or "tesla". For example, "suc kettle".

Ok, first stab at adding superchargers to autocomplete results. Try out by typing any address/name containing "suc", "super" or "tesla". For example, "suc kettle".

That works when I try it but on the next update can you also allow "sc" to find superchargers? That's a common abbreviation in the US. Hopefully it won't interfere with searches for Service Centers which can also be shortened to "SC."

• Disagree
Reactions: keithf
@blincoln - I missed the update where you can now drag-and-drop waypoints when using a computer or mobile device. YESSS !!!! I have trips that might have 30 or 40 or 50 waypoints and adding a new waypoint puts it at the very bottom of the list and to move it up 1 row at a time all the way to the top was always a bit of a hassle. This will save me LOTS of time now. Thanks.

I just tried in the car's browser and it didn't work but I didn't expect it to either. Having that ability from my phone or tablet will work perfectly.

Reactions: Falkirk
Question on usage in a Model 3: Since I must run ABRP on my phone, do I need to do anything special on my phone to enable live tracking? I.e. do I need to keep the browser window open and phone unlocked? Or can I just reload the page as needed and it will incorporate all the recent live data from the car for replanning purposes?

Question on usage in a Model 3: Since I must run ABRP on my phone, do I need to do anything special on my phone to enable live tracking? I.e. do I need to keep the browser window open and phone unlocked? Or can I just reload the page as needed and it will incorporate all the recent live data from the car for replanning purposes?

You can just go back to the ABRP "tab". It will sync up with the car again, and you can check the status of the plan and replan if needed.

However, if you want to help out and provide driving/consumption data to ABRP, you have to keep the ABRP page on top and have the screen active. We only store car data when fetched by the browser.

You can just go back to the ABRP "tab". It will sync up with the car again, and you can check the status of the plan and replan if needed.

However, if you want to help out and provide driving/consumption data to ABRP, you have to keep the ABRP page on top and have the screen active. We only store car data when fetched by the browser.

Thanks. That's very helpful.

I do want to help out ABRP, but my company's IT policy mandates a phone lock time of 60 seconds or less (although oddly it seems to normally take about 5 minutes to lock). A true navigation app like Waze somehow works around this and is able to keep the screen on, but a web page doesn't do the trick.

Thanks. That's very helpful.

I do want to help out ABRP, but my company's IT policy mandates a phone lock time of 60 seconds or less (although oddly it seems to normally take about 5 minutes to lock). A true navigation app like Waze somehow works around this and is able to keep the screen on, but a web page doesn't do the trick.

We realize this is a problem, especially for Model 3 owners who cannot enjoy ABRP on their fast MCU. So, we just released a feature called "24h background sharing" which (optionally) lets ABRP servers poll your vehicle for up to 24 hours after you use ABRP. This makes data sharing from Model 3 much easier - it is enough to visit ABRP once before the trip and then there is no need to keep the browser running (except for your own information, of course). To explain it a bit more, I wrote a blog post about it which is also linked from the MyTesla login page.

TL;DR: To better share data from your Tesla (especially Model 3), go to Settings->More Settings->MyTesla login, check both "Share data" and "24h background sharing".

Hi I am getting an error for the MyTesla login:

Select Vehicle VIN Option Codes
Failed get get vehicles. Login expired?

The login is definitely correct and works on Tesla.com. I also tried with an API access token but same error. I never had this problem until this week.

Can you advise?

Thanks!

Hi I am getting an error for the MyTesla login:

Select Vehicle VIN Option Codes
Failed get get vehicles. Login expired?

The login is definitely correct and works on Tesla.com. I also tried with an API access token but same error. I never had this problem until this week.

Can you advise?

Thanks!

Not much we can do at the moment, the inofficial Tesla API we use has been down for 36 hours now. Hope they solve it soon.