Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Better Routeplanner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm planning another upcoming trip but haven't used this since the last trip earlier this month. I see the default view is now Topography but is there a way to toggle this to just a plain Map view?

As nice as it is to see mountains it isn't as easy to spot the supercharger icons or roads anymore such as Interstate 70 and the 2 superchargers in the mountains west of Denver, CO in the US.

Car browser photo from Sep 10 and topo screenshot from computer browser today.

upload_2018-9-24_8-43-40.png

upload_2018-9-24_8-38-26.png

I noticed a bug where the charging time, and therefore the total time are not added up correctly. See below. Kettleman had a manual charge setting, first for 30 minutes, then to 80%, which is the one shown. The 30 minutes for that stop is in parenthesis, and not included in the total.

ABRP SAC-LAS Calc Error.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Any feedback so far with using ABRP with the new software V9? Is the Tesla browser improved as has been promised for way too long?

First quick test of ABRP on V9. Browser itself seems somewhat quicker and more responsive but I am having great difficulty with clicking in ABRP. Each click appears to be handled as 2 clicks about a second apart. Shows then immediately hides, starts planning then immediately cancels planning. After many tries at varying click speeds I will eventually get one to function as a single click but haven't figured out how to consistently get it to work.

• Informative
Reactions: CalBlue 85D
First quick test of ABRP on V9. Browser itself seems somewhat quicker and more responsive but I am having great difficulty with clicking in ABRP. Each click appears to be handled as 2 clicks about a second apart. Shows then immediately hides, starts planning then immediately cancels planning. After many tries at varying click speeds I will eventually get one to function as a single click but haven't figured out how to consistently get it to work.

One trick I have found is clicking and holding for about 1 second and that registers as a single click and not two. I've had success using this method for several weeks now.

One trick I have found is clicking and holding for about 1 second and that registers as a single click and not two. I've had success using this method for several weeks now.

The click problem appears to have totally cleared up. I am know able to reliably click either slowly or quickly without any double clicks resulting.

It appears that the browser size is know somewhat less in height than the previous browser as the bottoms of the details and graph boxes are off screen at the bottom.

20181009_192949-jpg.342380

Attachments

• 20181009_192949.jpg
    20181009_192949.jpg
    481.1 KB · Views: 351
  • Informative
Reactions: StefanSarzio
Hi @blincoln,

Maybe this has been asked before and I missed it, but I'd like to request an avoid tolls option on ABRP. Turnpikes have gotten quite expensive lately and I'd like to pay less and see more of the country. It's currently very difficult to plot a toll-free trip from Washington, D.C. to Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Thanks!

Hi @blincoln,

Maybe this has been asked before and I missed it, but I'd like to request an avoid tolls option on ABRP. Turnpikes have gotten quite expensive lately and I'd like to pay less and see more of the country. It's currently very difficult to plot a toll-free trip from Washington, D.C. to Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Thanks!

I hear you! The tech is now in place for it, I just need to add a little enabling. Coming soon.

First, as a recent Tesla owner I want to say thanks to @blincoln for all the time this must have taken over the last couple of years.

I have a few questions to ask about how best to use it in my Model 3.

When I try to log in with my MyTesla account, it doesn't seem that it completes the login. At least there's no apparent logged in state.

Every time I open the browser, it seems to treat me as if it's seeing me for the first time. Is it that the browser doesn't hold onto whatever identifiers you may be trying to drop? Am I wrong about this? Is there a separate login beyond my MyTesla that would let me save planned trips (I model things out before I go)?

My biggest aim is to get you more real world data from the road. I can get the stops from my desktop, but I'm assuming you need data and the least I can do to pay back your effort is to get you my data. What's the best way to do that in the Model 3 browser?

Thanks,
Matt

First, as a recent Tesla owner I want to say thanks to @blincoln for all the time this must have taken over the last couple of years.

I have a few questions to ask about how best to use it in my Model 3.

When I try to log in with my MyTesla account, it doesn't seem that it completes the login. At least there's no apparent logged in state.

Every time I open the browser, it seems to treat me as if it's seeing me for the first time. Is it that the browser doesn't hold onto whatever identifiers you may be trying to drop? Am I wrong about this? Is there a separate login beyond my MyTesla that would let me save planned trips (I model things out before I go)?

My biggest aim is to get you more real world data from the road. I can get the stops from my desktop, but I'm assuming you need data and the least I can do to pay back your effort is to get you my data. What's the best way to do that in the Model 3 browser?

Thanks,
Matt
You'll learn that Tesla's browser sucks at life even worse than Internet Explorer

I have no first hand experience with the Tesla Model 3 browser, but I am hoping it shares all the bugs^H^H^H^H features with the Model S/X browser.

When you go to ABRP in the browser, does it display the EULA/GDPR dialog at the bottom? Did you accept it?

I really appreciate your will to contribute more data. If you want to debug the MyTesla issue, just drop me an email at [email protected].

I have no first hand experience with the Tesla Model 3 browser, but I am hoping it shares all the bugs^H^H^H^H features with the Model S/X browser.

When you go to ABRP in the browser, does it display the EULA/GDPR dialog at the bottom? Did you accept it?

I really appreciate your will to contribute more data. If you want to debug the MyTesla issue, just drop me an email at [email protected].

Thanks for all your help. Got everything working, as you know from email, but wanted to publicly thank you for the work you do on this project and the personal attention to issues.

ABRP 3.3 has been released. Highlights:
  • Driving mode, with or without telemetry. As soon as you move fast enough, ABRP will switch to driving mode and display a graph of the next route leg including elevation and expected battery State-of-Charge % (SoC) together with estimated arrival time.
  • Full screen mobile web app. If you go to ABRP in your mobile phone or iPad browser, you can “Add to Home Screen” in your browser. The ABRP icon on your home screen will then launch ABRP in a full screen mode which works more like an ordinary app. More space for graphs!
  • Avoid ferries, tolls and highways. If you want to have more interesting routes, you can now disable any of these. This also improves the previous avoid ferries function which was not ideal.
  • OBD telemetry. Just like we fetch SoC and other car data via MyTesla, we can use OBD data for other car brands and get real-time SoC and other information for convenience while driving.
  • Manual SoC input. If you are not fetching information from your car via telemetry (MyTesla or ODB), you can now manually input your actual SoC. This is shown as a big battery symbol above the driving mode window.
  • Improved reference consumption estimation. With telemetry or manual battery input, ABRP will now estimate your reference consumption, even if you do not have a route planned.
And, don't miss that we support all Tesla models, Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, BMW i3, Hundai Kona and Ioniq and more coming.

driving_shot-1024x591.png

Enjoy and as usual, let us know your thoughts!

Last edited: