Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Better Routeplanner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
our hourly site checking

I'm sure you are already well set up, but I have used ServersAlive for that type of thing. It can check a web page for some specific content (i.e. a 501 will fail!!), or do a PING or fire some SQL at a DB ... and lots more. It will run on a schedule, mine runs every minute, and log when down/up and Email/Page/SMS if site remains down for X-tries etc. etc.. plenty of other players in that market of course, my only preference for this one is that it has been around for a long time, and so have I !!, so I haven't bothered to look for anything else.Free for up to 10 tests I think.

Planning a long trip next week and was planning to use the i95 through NC and SC. With hurricane Florence I guess this will be more complicated. If a supercharger is down due to lost of power will the superchargers be removed from ABRP? What about road blocks?

Nothing against ABRP because who knows, maybe he can get up to the minute information, but if it were me, I would make use of the in-car nav that should show you the real-time status of Superchargers along your route and something like Waze that can offer close to real-time road closure info.

Nothing against ABRP because who knows, maybe he can get up to the minute information, but if it were me, I would make use of the in-car nav that should show you the real-time status of Superchargers along your route and something like Waze that can offer close to real-time road closure info.
yes I use the car GPS for navigation but for battery usage during trip I find abrp to be way more accurate.

ABRP also plans trips with less total transit time when there are multiple possible Supercharger stops than the onboard NAV does in the Model 3. The car will tend to suggest fewer longer charging stops. I prefer more and shorter stops both because I get to get out and walk around and the total time is less.

yes I use the car GPS for navigation but for battery usage during trip I find abrp to be way more accurate.

Well no, I mean to click on each Supercharger icon that ABRP recommends you stop on in the car nav system to check on the status. If the car reports that there is a problem (no availability), you might want to mark it as do not use in ABRP.

Well no, I mean to click on each Supercharger icon that ABRP recommends you stop on in the car nav system to check on the status. If the car reports that there is a problem (no availability), you might want to mark it as do not use in ABRP.
We could easily update supercharger status much more often than today, but question is if the Tesla charger API really reports realtime status.
Anyhow, I think we will add a way to check realtime status of chargers (when info is available) shortly.

Reactions: Darren S
I'm a new MS owner and took a road trip right after taking delivery. I used ABRP for the trip. My overall impressions were that it was pretty useful. However, the navigation piece wasn't that great or maybe I'm just too used to Google Maps. What I found myself doing was planning with ABRP and then plugging the destinations into the MS nav. The MS nav is easier for me to use and understand. Since I had to 'plan my route' after each stop anyway (ABRP seemed to reset after each stop) with ABRP, this wasn't really a big deal. Are people using the ABRP nav piece too along with the planning?

I'm a new MS owner and took a road trip right after taking delivery. I used ABRP for the trip. My overall impressions were that it was pretty useful. However, the navigation piece wasn't that great or maybe I'm just too used to Google Maps. What I found myself doing was planning with ABRP and then plugging the destinations into the MS nav. The MS nav is easier for me to use and understand. Since I had to 'plan my route' after each stop anyway (ABRP seemed to reset after each stop) with ABRP, this wasn't really a big deal. Are people using the ABRP nav piece too along with the planning?

Nah, navigation in ABRP is mostly an attempt to do something about the hopelessly outdated maps in the previous Tesla nav. The ABRP maps are updated from OpenStreetMaps about weekly.
However, the Tesla browser is too slow to make realtime nav possible.

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
Nah, navigation in ABRP is mostly an attempt to do something about the hopelessly outdated maps in the previous Tesla nav. The ABRP maps are updated from OpenStreetMaps about weekly.
However, the Tesla browser is too slow to make realtime nav possible.
Would the quality of loading be better on a tablet on cellular data? What kind of data per hour am I looking at?

I know you're still collecting data from Model 3 users. My 3 is a Performance with 20" wheels. Since that's not listed as a car option, what would be the best option to select?

Nice car! Does not really matter what you select for logging purposes - we read out your option codes so we should be able read it out from there. And yes, we would be very happy to get more data from the P3!

Edit: Just added the M3 Performance as an alpha model in ABRP too.

Last edited:
You can just go back to the ABRP "tab". It will sync up with the car again, and you can check the status of the plan and replan if needed.

However, if you want to help out and provide driving/consumption data to ABRP, you have to keep the ABRP page on top and have the screen active. We only store car data when fetched by the browser.

Does ABRP have to be actively routing to provide consumption data, or can it just be logged in and running in the foreground? I keep an iPhone 6 in the car with ABRP running. I try to have it routing as much as possible, but sometimes I forget.

Edit: Nevermind... I just realized that the 24 hour information sharing option covers this.

Hi @blincoln, would it be possible to show time and distance up to the point in plan overview? Sth like this (changes are in red, I'm not sure if numbers are correct). The idea behind is to see (when planning longer trip) roughly at what point of time/distance I'd be somewhere, to plan lunch, hotel,...
Thanks

abr_totals.png

Hi @blincoln, would it be possible to show time and distance up to the point in plan overview? Sth like this (changes are in red, I'm not sure if numbers are correct). The idea behind is to see (when planning longer trip) roughly at what point of time/distance I'd be somewhere, to plan lunch, hotel,...
Thanks

View attachment 336254
If you add a departure time beside there you add start and destination you will get the clock time then you arrive and depart for each charger.