Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C and AUTO not working together

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, recently i realized my climate is always in “MANUAL” and i usually have it on AUTO A/C but whenever i try to turn on A/C with AUTO already on, it will turn the AUTO off. Then when i turn in AUTO when A/C is on, it’ll turn A/C off. So essentially i can’t use the AUTO function with A/C. I’ve always used it and it just recently started to not work together. I scheduled a service and miraculously today they started working together again so i cancelled the service appt. Now all of a sudden they don’t work together again. Has this happened to anyone else? One of my buddies told me it was a something with my temperature/humidity sensor near my windshield but i’m not sure. Cant find any solution in google or reddit etc. Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?

Hey everyone, recently i realized my climate is always in “MANUAL” and i usually have it on AUTO A/C but whenever i try to turn on A/C with AUTO already on, it will turn the AUTO off. Then when i turn in AUTO when A/C is on, it’ll turn A/C off. So essentially i can’t use the AUTO function with A/C. I’ve always used it and it just recently started to not work together. I scheduled a service and miraculously today they started working together again so i cancelled the service appt. Now all of a sudden they don’t work together again. Has this happened to anyone else? One of my buddies told me it was a something with my temperature/humidity sensor near my windshield but i’m not sure. Cant find any solution in google or reddit etc. Has this happened to anyone else? What did you do?
This just recently started to occur with my wife's 2018 Model 3. My buddies 2020 Model 3 too. He has his in the shop, will be interested in finding out what the diagnosis is.

Upvote 0