Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C blowing hot air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My A/C just blows hot air now. Not great timing since it’s over 90 degrees out. I called Tesla service and they said they noted a system error on my car that is preventing the refrigerant from properly cooling the car so I made an appointment for service.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? Should this be a warranty item or is this considered routine maintenance?

I took the car in to Tesla today for service. There was a bad sensor that needed to be replaced (under warranty). I dropped the car off in the morning and it was ready by 2pm. I also had them change the cabin filter, which they charged me $73.00 for. The parts were $34.00 so the labor charge seemed more than reasonable to me. I’d rather not have to fuss with removing the side panel and disconnecting wires.

When I arrived at the service center there was only one other person there ahead of me. My wait time was less than 5 minutes. On the pickup I was in and out in five minutes, and nobody was ahead of me.

I have to say Tesla did a great job and everything happened flawlessly. The only hiccup I experienced was when I tried to make an appointment via the app there was a 2 week wait for an appointment. There was no way I could go two weeks without air conditioning so I called the service center and begged and pleaded for them to let me come in sooner, and they did open up an appointment for the next business day.

But overall it was an excellent experience. I know others have had some frustrations with service so just thought I would post my experience so that everyone would know that Tesla can provide excellent service when they choose to.