Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/c compressor noise.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It been getting hot where I live( >95 degrees), and I have been noticing that compressor noise gets concerningly loud with A/C. Mostly I hear it after I get out with the car off. But my wife has noticed loud noise inside when stationary at level 5 setting in a hot day ( she said the car vibrated)

So we had it looked by Tesla who ran their diagnostic test and said there was nothing wrong with it.

My research shows that this was an issue for many MS owners around 2016- but haven’t found any recent posts about it.

Is this supposed to be normal for 2020 model x raven? If it passes the thermal cooling diagnostic test then is this what we have to live with?

Can’t believe MX can sound louder than one of Elon’s rockets.

When was the last time the coolant gas was exchanged? It has to be done every 24 months. The gas is also the lubricant of the compressor and if gaspressure gets too low, due to neglect or a leak, one effectively looses lubricant. What happens then is just basic physics...

Ok. Now that we are talking about the fan(s) and not the compressor: Yes it can make it lot of noise when it has to cool the hell out of something. During supercharging, the battery get's very hot and needs to be cooled down to not go kaput.
When at maximum rpm, it can even be felt in the car.

All perfectly normal.