Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C is off on auto?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone lese noticed on most recent firmware, A/C is off on auto when outside temp < 13c? It is causing fogging of the windscreen and even when i turn on defogging A/C isn't turning on (see screenshot). Turning climate control off/on helps for a while but eventually it turns off again.

Also I noticed that without A/C running interior is relatively warmer than when A/C is running. Tesla app is showing 23c when i set control to 20c.

I've been to SC and they didn't find anything unusual, trying too see how big is the problem or is it just me...

20201117_132502.jpg

What firmware are you? I am 2020.44 and leaving on a trip soon and will be in temperatures below that so good to know. Are you able to press the A/C button to take it out of Auto and put it in Manual? I have manually turned that off several times to save power when not too warm and don't want the A/C to come on. It will be interesting to test it.

What firmware are you? I am 2020.44 and leaving on a trip soon and will be in temperatures below that so good to know. Are you able to press the A/C button to take it out of Auto and put it in Manual? I have manually turned that off several times to save power when not too warm and don't want the A/C to come on. It will be interesting to test it.

I'm on 2020.44.10 right now. I'm able to switch into manual and it works fine, it's just quite inconvenient :) Also, as I said turning off/on CC helps. My main concern as at around ~10C (50F) when it's raining - windscreen fogs quickly without A/C so I have to constantly keep it from fogging. Let me know what will you experience - I really want to rule out any hardware issues that could be missed by SC.

I had to run whole morning today on manual, due to a/c turning off and quickly fogging windscreen. Not a big deal, but inconvinience.

Do you also see difference between set temperature and the interior temp displayed in the app? I feel that something changed with the CC in my car with the last few updates that broke auto CC...

When I left yesterday morning, it was -6C. When I first looked the A/C was off. I forgot to watch it on and off during our trip, but when it was 7C the A/C compressor was on. This morning was 4C and the A/C compressor was on. Also, I got an update overnight, so my software is now 2020.44.15. There may be something wrong with your software. I'd contact Tesla support so they can check out the log.