Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/c Issue - Auto setting not generating high fan speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the past, when the car was set to auto with a low cabin temperature the fan speed would increase to rapidly decrease the cabin temperature. Now, the auto fan will run with a low fan speed and does not seem to be cooling the vehicle. This occurs at start up, while driving, and while attempting to pre-cool the car via the app. Anyone had this issue and worked out a solution. I have reset the vehicle once with no improvement.

In the past, when the car was set to auto with a low cabin temperature the fan speed would increase to rapidly decrease the cabin temperature. Now, the auto fan will run with a low fan speed and does not seem to be cooling the vehicle. This occurs at start up, while driving, and while attempting to pre-cool the car via the app. Anyone had this issue and worked out a solution. I have reset the vehicle once with no improvement.

I am having exactly the same issue. I noticed it today. 100 degrees outside, and you can barely feel the air coming out of the vents. Had to take it out of Auto mode and manually increase the fan speed. A/C was working fine before today.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Took car in to service. This was their response:

Hi, your service is completed, we tested the A/C system and did not find any problems. In the auto setting the car direct air flow to different vents and tries to prevent a rush of hot air blowing at passenger face. You can run the A/C on your app prior to entering car to start cooling it off. There will be a charge of $97.50 for today's visit. Please pay on your app prior to taking your car, Thank you.

Got an X loaner. Vehicle was filthy inside and out. Looked like it had not been cleaned in months! Charge was down to 19% - could not use the A/C.

No issues with HVAC. In the summer here in south Florida it's HOT but I set temp at 73F and the cabin cools off just fine and QUICKLY when sitting outside at the office all day. It's comfortable driving around at 73F in 90-95F degree sunny days.

P.S. My windows are tinted with ceramic film - including windshield. (no sunroof tint)

When using heat, it seems to wait for it to actually be hot before ramping up the fan.

I wonder if it does the same for AC but it's just not getting cool fast anymore? Does it feel weak at all in manual mode?

Though if it's just above the temp setting you have on a gloomy day, I doubt it would kick in much either.

Seems sporadic and mine just did it today. The interior was 96º so I was preconditioning before walking out of the gym. Got in car and it was still hot and blowing low. Put in D and drove off and it still stayed low. I cut off Auto and upped speed to 10 for a few. Then hit Auto and the speed went back to 1(???) and was still warm. Had to cut off Auto again and up fan speed. After compliantly cool I then put back on Auto.

Anyone aware of how to troubleshoot an issue like this? I noticed this same thing happening to my model 3 today. It's 96 degrees out but the fan does not increase in speed to cool down the cabin like it used to. I have a scheduled appointment but unfortunately there are no walking appointments available and I'm leaving for a Florida road trip tomorrow. I've never had an issue with my model 3 however, when you have one and there is no way to go and get it even looked at to get it fixed it becomes rather upsetting and a major problem.

Anyone aware of how to troubleshoot an issue like this? I noticed this same thing happening to my model 3 today. It's 96 degrees out but the fan does not increase in speed to cool down the cabin like it used to. I have a scheduled appointment but unfortunately there are no walking appointments available and I'm leaving for a Florida road trip tomorrow. I've never had an issue with my model 3 however, when you have one and there is no way to go and get it even looked at to get it fixed it becomes rather upsetting and a major problem.
Does it cool if you set the fan on high, or is it just blowing warm air faster?

My issue is the air coming out is too cold most of the time.
I have to set the temp at 77 or 78 to feel comfortable.
So this completely blows. I tried my local service center and they said they were overbooked so they can't take walk INS. I went to a service center 15 miles away which took me 45 minutes to get to of course. They are least did a computer health check and saw nothing wrong, but acknowledged that something is not working right. They said if they had to connect something to the car to do a deep diagnostic they would have to keep it until Tuesday. Doesn't help because I'm driving to Florida tomorrow. So I called three service centers in Florida within driving distance and all of them were completely booked with appointments the day I'm leaving to drive back home from vacation.

I've never had an issue and have been a devoted Tesla fan but this is starting to drive me in a different direction. I mean I can't even take the car somewhere to figure out what's wrong. Sorry for venting but this is so frustrating and it just doesn't seem right.

I have this issue as well. I have to use manual mode. I never had this problem in the past. I think one of the updates screwed the pooch.
Currently on 12.3.2 and I think this started 2 versions ago, because it's been bothering me awhile now. I also have the trunk and USB security cam issues that others now have. All 3 started about the same time I think.
Stampee

I've never had an issue and have been a devoted Tesla fan but this is starting to drive me in a different direction. I mean I can't even take the car somewhere to figure out what's wrong. Sorry for venting but this is so frustrating and it just doesn't seem right.
It sounds like you're expecting too much based on a short time line. They are giving you reasonable options, even if your travel schedule is set in stone.

Use the app and schedule a service appointment farther out.