Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had a strange noise that would occur intermittently when the suspension was in normal or low and the a/c compressor was going. It sounded exactly like the sound you hear when you put a finger on a fan. I took it in and the Marietta, GA SC opened it up. They said that the factory had incorrectly routed two of the A/C lines and it was rubbing on the condenser.

Funny enough, after it was fixed, my A/C doesn't go to 100% all the time. After the initial cooling, it calms down. Much nicer now. They evacuated and recharged the Freon so I'm wondering if that helped?

I also wonder if having two different types of cars on the same assembly line is causing issues? Seemed like a human failure and not a robotic one.

Here's a copy of the work order.

View attachment 183506

I think when they say the lines were crossed that yours were hooked up backwards as well...

It's amazing the difference. Before, the a/c would almost always run at 100%. It sounded like a jet engine. It was embarrassing. The SC said that this was normal but I couldn't believe it. Now, after the fix, it rarely goes to 100%. It's so much quieter. What a relief!

I need to talk to the service tech and show him the difference in noise!

Reactions: NathanWolf