Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C Problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My air conditioning is either on or off, with nothing in between. The fan always blows as it should but with the temp knob anywhere except the full hot position, I get cold air 100% of the time. The compressor is either on or off, it does not alternate back and forth. Does this sound like a bad switch at the console or could it be something else?

My air conditioning is either on or off, with nothing in between. The fan always blows as it should but with the temp knob anywhere except the full hot position, I get cold air 100% of the time. The compressor is either on or off, it does not alternate back and forth. Does this sound like a bad switch at the console or could it be something else?

Mine switches on and off as needed.

Ours switches on and off with demand. The only problem is it can't keep up with demand. We have a Roadster 1.5 -- the price of being early adopters.
That sounds crazy! I've never heard of such a thing? If that is in fact the way they work, I may have found the reason? It appears that all the hardware for the system is in the front trunk, so the things might not even have a thermostat?

I have a similar issue I think

During the beautiful spring days, I like to put ventilation on to get some fresh air from outside while driving on the highway (don't want open window noise). So I set my climate control to ON, A/C off, circulation from outside, vent speed at 3 and temp at LO.

Instead of getting fresh air from outside, I get super cold air. And I assure you that A/C is set at OFF. So anytime climate control is ON, I get air conditioning. I just don't get it