TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

a/c problems - just hot air

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Crabsnak, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Crabsnak

Crabsnak Member

didn't see any posts regarding problems with the a/c unit but after roughly two weeks with my Model X, the a/c appears to be broken. it only blows out hot air regardless of the temperature setting. i've attempted the hard reboot of the car hoping that it was a tech glitch but that didn't work. wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and what the issue or fix was?

bummed that i will probably have to send the car back to the service center again - already went in once for a broken passenger door latch.

thanks for any information!

2. Great Dane

Great Dane Member

make sure ac is on in climate control settings

3. loganintx

loganintx Member

4. Hengist

Hengist Member

AC went out in my S from a DC DC converter failure. Sounds like a warrantee repair. Bummer.

5. Crabsnak

Crabsnak Member

after taking it into the SC, the techs said there was a firmware issue with the a/c system that couldn't be addressed with an over the air update. so the A/C is working again. hopefully this will be it for a while. still loving the vehicle and driving it!

• Like x 1
  6. Mr.science3000

FWIW Our X's AC blew intermittently hot and cold from the first day we drive it home. It turned out that the factory plumbed the compressor backwards. I'm amazed it worked at all. After over a week in service, and some serious X withdrawal, we now have a perfectly functioning AC system.

7. Crabsnak

Crabsnak Member

I thought our a/c problems were fixed but that was fleeting. the exact same a/c problems started up again - intermittent cold air / hot air when a/c is on. i was trying to pin it down and it seemed like temps over 80 and the a/c would blow hot air. anything under 80 and the a/c works fine. very strange but i'll have the SC check the compressor when i bring it back to the SC again this weekend.

8. Crabsnak

Crabsnak Member

Hey Mr.science3000,

my SC here in the Bay Area is wondering if you might provide a VIN # to me (last few digits i believe is all they need) so they can check the issue on their side to see if it might help fix my similar issues!

thanks!