Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

a/c problems - just hot air

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The A/C stopped working on my 2016 X90D with 27,700 miles, yesterday. No warning, just quit. Climate settings - A/C climate switched ON, lowered temp setting to LO, still only HOT AIR blowing out of vents. Temp gauge in dash showed 108 degrees F. Luckily was >10 miles from SC. Dropped car off last evening and was given a Cadillac CTS as a loaner. Now considering purchasing the extended warranty to 8-yrs, 100,000 miles for $5,300. Could have saved $500, if purchased within 6-months of delivery. Planning on keeping car for at least 8 years. Any suggestions on purchasing the extended warranty?
Will post update when A/C is fixed to the cause of the problem.

Same problem as well. I was parked for a bit, entered my my MX and before I proceeded to go I turned on the A/C only to feel the car shake/stutter as I accelerated. I shut the A/C off and it disappeared than proceeded on my way. At the stop light I turned on the A/C again and heard a loud noise but the A/C worked. When I arrived home, the noise was still there but the A/C was still working and blowing cold air.Today the A/C doesn't work, blows hot air and I don't hear the compressor turn on. :(

from Phoenix to LA - at Quartzsite the AC stopped working (hot air only) after supercharging. Hard reboots didn't help. Seems this problem has been reported on late 2016 Model S (AP2). Have contacted SC for help. Will keep u posted. As with others the AC started working a few hours after the ambient temperature dropped from 100F to 84 F (by that time the AC was less necessary anyway). Unfortunately passengers werent too happy.

I had range mode ON which apparently is not a good thing in extremely hot weather but it was a long road trip with full car and luggage so I wanted to maximize range.