Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C quite blowing cold.

Bodyhauler

Jun 20, 2019
Cedar Park, Tx
I couldn't find it but I think it may have been posted somewhere.

My a/c stopped blowing cold last night. I read somewhere on a post that powering the car off & on would reset the a/c.
I tried it several times but did not work.

Anyone have any tricks or tips to get it working? I may just have to schedule an appointment with the service center.

Bueno

Sep 27, 2018
Fontana CA
Need to see if your a/c refrigerant is low if so fill.

Note that if your a/c doesn’t work that your car is not cooling your battery pack correctly either. There is an expansion block that connects to your battery coolant lines so if no a/c then it won’t work. Your radiator and coolant will still “cool” the battery but I wouldn’t super charge unless your a/c is fixed especially if it’s hot outside.

Bodyhauler

Jun 20, 2019
Cedar Park, Tx
Took it into the Service Center today, not blowing cold air. :(
Service Center did diagnostics and checks. Told me nothing was wrong with it.
Picked it up from the Service Center, now blowing cold air. :)

PWlakewood

Jan 9, 2019
US
Took it into the Service Center today, not blowing cold air. :(
Service Center did diagnostics and checks. Told me nothing was wrong with it.
Picked it up from the Service Center, now blowing cold air. :)
Also known as they refilled the ac refrigerant :D

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC