Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A can Fell off a Truck and hit my car in Las Vegas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning, my car (MYLR) was stuck by a can that was thrown out of a truck on I-95 in Las Vegas. I guess I am lucky the can appears empty, but an empty can hitting your car at 65 mph still has a little force behind it. It definitely made some noise when it hit. Then the can popped up in the air and nearly hit some motorcyclists in the lane next to me. This is why I hate driving behind trucks. It isn't always just rocks you have to watch out for.

Can Drop 1.jpg

Attachments

• Can Drop 2.jpg
    Can Drop 2.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Can Drop 3.jpg
    Can Drop 3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Can Drop 4.jpg
    Can Drop 4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Can Drop 5.jpg
    Can Drop 5.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 48
  • Can Drop 6.jpg
    Can Drop 6.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 41
Sorry to hear, glad you're okay. I especially hate the gravel trucks they let on the freeway to service construction projects.

By the way, I-95? I think you mean US 95. If you were on I-95 today you'd have to watch out for a giant Chinese camera falling from the sky!

It could be either, honestly. Regardless, it shouldn't happen. I was actually "that guy" and sent a message to the company with pictures attached to complain. They responded with the standard "We will look into it" but I never heard anything back after that. No damage to the car, and the bikers just had to duck, which was fortunate. I was just mad, and writing this post and sending the email helped.

Now I am sad I have turned into someone who would go so far as to screenshot video and reach out to the trucking company.

Thank you for the sentiment!