Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Car Whisperer for Tesla? - AutoBlog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello my fellow Tesla Enthusiasts,

I am a big Tesla fan and I plan to one day own one of their vehicles, but until that day comes I am going after the next best thing. I am on a mission land my dream job at Tesla Motors. Just how bad do I want it, bad enough to create an online campaign dedicated to the cause.

For more details take a look at my website TeslaShouldHire.me or check out AutoBlog's coverage of my campaign. Here is a bit about what they had to say...

"How's this for bold? A marketing strategist with the name Sergio Ochoa is on a mission to find his dream job, and that job happens to be working for Tesla Motors. He's got confidence, that's for certain, as you can tell from the way he calls himself the Car Whisperer."

I have to admit, the project is a bit out there but that's exactly what I was going for. Worst case scenario, at least people can get a good laugh at my expense. If you like the campaign please help me out by sharing it with a few people who might find it interesting. If you don't, feel free to tell me why, I'm open to all comments or questions.

I hope you all like it! :biggrin:

Perhaps I missed it, or maybe I'm naive...but, have you actually applied with Tesla? While your online campaign is cute it seems a bit over the top. Did you apply, interview and not get an offer and are now trying to get your foot back in the door?
Have you contacted HR to see if you can learn why they didn't hire you the first time (assuming you already applied)?

I just have a hard time relating to this sort of campaign, but I do wish you luck.

When's the last time you "applied" for a job Evan? Not that easy. Imagine how many resumes a company like Tesla receives. I think Sergio is taking a unique and innovative tack. It's a lot better than mailing a box with a shoe and a note saying, "now that I have my foot in the door, would you mind reading the enclosed resume".

Sergio definitely shows talent.

When's the last time you "applied" for a job Evan? Not that easy. Imagine how many resumes a company like Tesla receives. I think Sergio is taking a unique and innovative tack. It's a lot better than mailing a box with a shoe and a note saying, "now that I have my foot in the door, would you mind reading the enclosed resume".

Indeed, the jobs usually come looking for me, so I am, admittedly, out of touchWRT that sort of job hunting.

Perhaps I missed it, or maybe I'm naive...but, have you actually applied with Tesla? While your online campaign is cute it seems a bit over the top. Did you apply, interview and not get an offer and are now trying to get your foot back in the door?
Have you contacted HR to see if you can learn why they didn't hire you the first time (assuming you already applied)?

I just have a hard time relating to this sort of campaign, but I do wish you luck.

Hi Efusco, I did apply at Tesla and this campaign was definitely meant to be over the top. I figured I needed to differentiate myself as a candidate in some way and this was the end result. Resumes get a few seconds of attention, I'm hoping that the site and video are thing the recruiters and employees at Tesla find interesting enough to actually spend time viewing.

Mycroft, you and I are on the same page. I wanted to try something different, plus, I didn't have a pair of shoes that I was willing to part with :).