Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Charger Holder/Holster that holds onto Tesla J1772 Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're talking about my J1772/Tesla holster adapter, I provide three variants, with differing positions of the tab that fits into the little notch in a Tesla plug or adapter. I used one of these on my Clipper Creek unit, but found that that positioning was too deep on a third-party J1772 holster that I happened to have; there were some support structures inside that holster that prevented the Tesla plug/adapter from being inserted far enough to engage the tab. Thus, I created the two variants. It sounds like you may have run into a similar issue with your holster. These variants are described in the documentation, but if you just load the models into a slicer program, the difference is easy to overlook.

None of this is to say you should ditch your working holster and re-print my adapter; if you're happy with that holster, why bother? If your J1772 EVSE has a built-in holster that you'd prefer to use, though, you could try one of mine with a variant tab placement.
None of the 3 worked, unfortunately. As mentioned in my previous post, the notch is not the issue. The design does not work at all for the J1772 adapter provided by Juicebox.