Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A China EV fans worry about... How do you think?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I worry about that as EV growing and eat more market share. Traditional automaker and oil group's benefit will be impacted by growing EV and dicreasing petrol demand. Then they will try their best to control the market, or impact the government to limited the EV.
They can also ask the media to write something about EV-- not safe, battery short life...

Just like free energy, Nicola Tesla, the Oil Financial Group controll the world.

How do you think?

Where I live all of these aspects can be openly and publicly discussed. We are also free to organize with other people without any interference from the ‘rulers that be’. As I understand it, things are ‘a little different’ in China… So I’m a somewhat uncertain if these aspects of this issue are something you and I can really go into on a forum such as this one…

I also don’t really know about the relations between ICE car manufactories, Big Oil and various undemocratic regimes like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Bahrain and Brunei and the ‘rulers that be’ in China. There seems to be absolutely no transparency what so ever into relations such as these…

Except for Tesla, who at this point in time unfortunately is a very small manufacturer quantity wise, Nissan/Renault and BMW seem to also be opening up production of electric cars. As I understand it Renault doesn’t sell cars in China, but Nissan and BMW do, so hopefully these manufacturers – and hopefully there are more to come – won’t see electric vehicles as a negative, but as a positive.

I don’t really know much about the Chinese car manufacturers. They don’t sell any cars in Sweden for instance…

The fact that Beijing for example suffers from extremely severe air pollution will hopefully force the ‘rulers that be’ in China to address this issue. And since electric cars are more efficient than ICE cars they produce less air pollution and should therefore be able to alleviate the situation if you can produce your electricity from renewable sources. As I understand it China has the fifth largest desert in the world – the Gobi Desert. If you fill it with solar panels. then perhaps you can get all your electricity from the sun.

An article from Reuters on air pollution in Beijing:

[NOTE: My underline.]

Pollution "worst on record" in Beijing: Greenpeace

BEIJING Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:52am EST

some_more_exaust.png

some_more_exhaust.png

(Reuters) - Air quality in Beijing was the "worst on record" on Saturday and Sunday, according to environmentalists, as the city's pollution monitoring centre warned residents to stay indoors with pollution 30-45 times above recommended safety levels.

The Chinese capital, home to around 20 million people, has been wrapped in thick smog since Friday, reducing visibility and disrupting traffic.

Data posted on Sunday by the monitoring centre (www[dot]bjmemc[dot]com[dot]cn) showed particulate matter measuring less than 2.5 micrometers in diameter (PM2.5) had reached more than 600 micrograms per square meter at some monitoring stations in Beijing, and was as high as 900 on Saturday evening.

The recommended daily level for PM2.5 is 20, according to the World Health Organization. Such pollution has been identified as a major cause of asthma and respiratory diseases.

"This is really the worst on record not only from the official data but also from the monitoring data from the U.S. embassy -- some areas in (neighboring) Hebei province are even worst than Beijing," said Zhou Rong, climate and energy campaigner at Greenpeace.

The Beijing Municipal Environmental Monitoring Centre said heavy pollution had been trapped by an area of low pressure, making it harder to disperse, and the conditions were likely to last another two days.

Pollution has been identified as one of the biggest challenges facing China's leaders, with outgoing president Hu Jintao saying during his address to the Communist Party Congress last November that the country needed to "reverse the trend of ecological deterioration and build a beautiful China".

China said at the end of last year that it would begin releasing hourly pollution data for its biggest cities.

Beijing has already committed to a timetable to improve air quality in the city, and has relocated most of its heavy industry, but surrounding regions have not made the same commitments, said Zhou.

"For Beijing, cleaning up will take a whole generation but other regions don't even have any targets to cut coal burning. I bet the pollution here is mainly from those surrounding regions."

(Reporting by David Stanway; Editing by Michael Perry)

FILED UNDER: ENVIRONMENT

Source: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/13/us-china-pollution-idUSBRE90C01Q20130113
In Sweden there is one street in our largest city and capitol – Stockholm – where air pollution in the form of particles can reach slightly above the recommended safety levels on some days during winters. The underlying reason is cars with studded winter tires. If the weather gets dry with no rain or snow, then this becomes a problem. Pollution levels such as those you guys are experiencing in Beijing and the neighboring Hebei province however – 30-45 times above recommended safety levels – are completely unheard of…

Last edited:
Typically oil companies are power/energy companies that are nearly 100% vested in petroleum/fossil fuels. This is slowly changing as many are buying other power/energy companies that are not petroleum/fossil fuel based. Those other energy companies that are green or more-green than oil companies will hopefully be able to exert some tangible force/influence over governments and markets to ensure their continued existence and future prosperity.

I've been to Beijing several times and it is startling how the air quality continues to get worse at such an alarming rate.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...iving-in-smoking-lounge-chart-of-the-day.html

beijing air quality.PNG