TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

A China EV fans worry about... How do you think?

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by China_BYD_fans, Nov 11, 2013.

1. China_BYD_fans

Nov 7, 2013
    I worry about that as EV growing and eat more market share. Traditional automaker and oil group's benefit will be impacted by growing EV and dicreasing petrol demand. Then they will try their best to control the market, or impact the government to limited the EV.
    They can also ask the media to write something about EV-- not safe, battery short life...

Just like free energy, Nicola Tesla, the Oil Financial Group controll the world.

How do you think?
  2. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Sweden, Earth
    #2 SwedishAdvocate, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    Where I live all of these aspects can be openly and publicly discussed. We are also free to organize with other people without any interference from the ‘rulers that be’. As I understand it, things are ‘a little different’ in China… So I’m a somewhat uncertain if these aspects of this issue are something you and I can really go into on a forum such as this one…

I also don’t really know about the relations between ICE car manufactories, Big Oil and various undemocratic regimes like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran, Bahrain and Brunei and the ‘rulers that be’ in China. There seems to be absolutely no transparency what so ever into relations such as these…

Except for Tesla, who at this point in time unfortunately is a very small manufacturer quantity wise, Nissan/Renault and BMW seem to also be opening up production of electric cars. As I understand it Renault doesn’t sell cars in China, but Nissan and BMW do, so hopefully these manufacturers – and hopefully there are more to come – won’t see electric vehicles as a negative, but as a positive.

I don’t really know much about the Chinese car manufacturers. They don’t sell any cars in Sweden for instance…

The fact that Beijing for example suffers from extremely severe air pollution will hopefully force the ‘rulers that be’ in China to address this issue. And since electric cars are more efficient than ICE cars they produce less air pollution and should therefore be able to alleviate the situation if you can produce your electricity from renewable sources. As I understand it China has the fifth largest desert in the world – the Gobi Desert. If you fill it with solar panels. then perhaps you can get all your electricity from the sun.

An article from Reuters on air pollution in Beijing:

In Sweden there is one street in our largest city and capitol – Stockholm – where air pollution in the form of particles can reach slightly above the recommended safety levels on some days during winters. The underlying reason is cars with studded winter tires. If the weather gets dry with no rain or snow, then this becomes a problem. Pollution levels such as those you guys are experiencing in Beijing and the neighboring Hebei province however – 30-45 times above recommended safety levels – are completely unheard of…
  3. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

Dec 25, 2011
    Typically oil companies are power/energy companies that are nearly 100% vested in petroleum/fossil fuels. This is slowly changing as many are buying other power/energy companies that are not petroleum/fossil fuel based. Those other energy companies that are green or more-green than oil companies will hopefully be able to exert some tangible force/influence over governments and markets to ensure their continued existence and future prosperity.

I've been to Beijing several times and it is startling how the air quality continues to get worse at such an alarming rate.

beijing air quality.PNG