TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

A Class Action Lawsuit AGAINST "Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP"

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Jackl1956, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

Would you participate in a class action lawsuit against Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP?

2. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

I think you should make it a poll...

3. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

hah, why? sue them because they are thinking about suing Tesla?

4. Mario Kadastik

Mario Kadastik Active Member

Sue them for hurting TSLA shareholders profits with their lawsuite based on FUD and false information. Do them what they do to us.

5. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

There is a tenet in American which requires a citizen to defend his rights. I am not a litigious sort by nature. However, when someone with malice and forethought seeks to harm another, they ought to be checked.

By investigating TSLA for these fire events, there are guilty of what they are "falsely causing" TSLA of. Hypocrisy can only be stretched so far before it snaps back and hits you in the face.

6. eidco

eidco Member

#6 eidco, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
    I don't think I'd take it as far as suing them back, but I agree with outrage. This lawsuit of theirs is frivolous at best. When the MS was found to be the safest car on the road, are they saying it was misleading for Tesla to put out a press release? When two MSes caught fire and the drivers walked away, does this diminish the safety of the car? How many fires have started with other vehicles that have been touted as safe? I think they're driving the share price down merely by suggesting this lawsuit and I wouldn't be surprised if they're shorting the stock as well. :mad:

7. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Vehicles

Safety Tip

Have your car serviced regularly by a professionally trained mechanic. Read all of NFPA's car fire safety tips and download our free safety tip sheet (PDF, 368 KB).

U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 152,300 automobile fires per year in 2006-2010. These fires caused an average of 209 civilian deaths, 764 civilian injuries, and $536 million in direct property damage.

Facts and Figures

Automobile fires were involved in 10% of reported U.S. fires, 6% of U.S. fire deaths.

•On average, 17 automobile fires were reported per hour. These fires killed an average of four people every week.

Mechanical or electrical failures or malfunctions were factors in roughly two-thirds of the automobile fires.

Collisions and overturns were factors in only 4% of highway vehicle fires, but these incidents accounted for three of every five (60%) automobile fire deaths.

Only 2% of automobile fires began in fuel tanks or fuel lines, but these incidents caused 15% of the automobile fire deaths.

Source: NFPA's "Automobile Fires in the U.S.: 2006-2010 Estimates" report by Marty Ahrens, September 2012.

8. lorih

lorih Member

9. Lessmog

Lessmog Member

I'm sorry, page 4 out of almost 1,180 is NOW? Maybe I need to get new eye-glasses.

10. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

I sent them a letter yesterday saying not only would I not join a class action lawsuit of this type, they do not represent shareholders' interest with a frivolous lawsuit designed to support short interest, and I would be interested in joining a class action against them were they to do such a thing.

And I would be.

11. ggr

ggr Roadster R80 537, SigS P85 29

As a guddam furriner, I think there are already too many lawsuits in the US. But I would make an exception in this case, I think. Here is the only meaningful paragraph in their announcement:

Unfortunately, they make unrelated statements and just hope that investors who lost money will assume that a battery catching fire means that the quote was incorrect or a lie. I sort-of wish they'd said something that was either factually incorrect or libelous, it would make a lawsuit against them much easier.

It would be interesting to see if a different class-action law firm would actually be prepared to go against these guys. Unfortunately I think they have a tacit agreement not to do that.

12. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

When John Broder test drove the Model S his published editorial lacked integrity. Elon Musk responded in a clear and deliberate voice. Elon assertively communicated the facts, questioning the veracity of the editorial.

Just as it was the right thing to challenge John Broder's test drive article. It is the right thing to confront the dishonesty of Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP.

I for one, would contribute to a fund to explore the legal options regarding this matter.

13. electrictorque

Count me in also.

14. TSLAopt

TSLAopt Active Member

Me too

15. 100thMonkey

100thMonkey Member

suing for damages?! Nice, I'm all for it!!

16. ViperDoc

ViperDoc Roadster 1305

Lawsuit

I'd offer my name in support!

17. sundaymorning

sundaymorning Member

I would contribute. We need to make a statement!

18. eidco

eidco Member

I don't think it matters whether investors fall for this faulty logic. The firm will have to fool a judge enough to keep him/her from throwing out such a meritless case. Tesla lawyers should find it fairly easy to point out the fallacy of the claim.

19. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

20. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

Shysters. Is there a way an investor can show opposition to this?