Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Class Action Lawsuit AGAINST "Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a tenet in American which requires a citizen to defend his rights. I am not a litigious sort by nature. However, when someone with malice and forethought seeks to harm another, they ought to be checked.

By investigating TSLA for these fire events, there are guilty of what they are "falsely causing" TSLA of. Hypocrisy can only be stretched so far before it snaps back and hits you in the face.

I don't think I'd take it as far as suing them back, but I agree with outrage. This lawsuit of theirs is frivolous at best. When the MS was found to be the safest car on the road, are they saying it was misleading for Tesla to put out a press release? When two MSes caught fire and the drivers walked away, does this diminish the safety of the car? How many fires have started with other vehicles that have been touted as safe? I think they're driving the share price down merely by suggesting this lawsuit and I wouldn't be surprised if they're shorting the stock as well. :mad:

Last edited:
How many fires have started with other models that have been touted as safe? . :mad:

Vehicles

Safety Tip

Have your car serviced regularly by a professionally trained mechanic. Read all of NFPA's car fire safety tips and download our free safety tip sheet (PDF, 368 KB).

U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated average of 152,300 automobile fires per year in 2006-2010. These fires caused an average of 209 civilian deaths, 764 civilian injuries, and $536 million in direct property damage.

Facts and Figures

Automobile fires were involved in 10% of reported U.S. fires, 6% of U.S. fire deaths.

•On average, 17 automobile fires were reported per hour. These fires killed an average of four people every week.

Mechanical or electrical failures or malfunctions were factors in roughly two-thirds of the automobile fires.

Collisions and overturns were factors in only 4% of highway vehicle fires, but these incidents accounted for three of every five (60%) automobile fire deaths.

Only 2% of automobile fires began in fuel tanks or fuel lines, but these incidents caused 15% of the automobile fire deaths.

Source: NFPA's "Automobile Fires in the U.S.: 2006-2010 Estimates" report by Marty Ahrens, September 2012.

I sent them a letter yesterday saying not only would I not join a class action lawsuit of this type, they do not represent shareholders' interest with a frivolous lawsuit designed to support short interest, and I would be interested in joining a class action against them were they to do such a thing.

And I would be.

I sent them a letter yesterday saying not only would I not join a class action lawsuit of this type, they do not represent shareholders' interest with a frivolous lawsuit designed to support short interest, and I would be interested in joining a class action against them were they to do such a thing.

And I would be.

As a guddam furriner, I think there are already too many lawsuits in the US. But I would make an exception in this case, I think. Here is the only meaningful paragraph in their announcement:

The investigation concerns whether Tesla and certain of its officers and/or directors have violated Sections 10(b) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. In an August 19, 2013 press release, Tesla touted its Model S as having achieved the "best safety rating of any car ever tested" by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ("NHTSA"). On October 2, 2013, an analyst downgraded Tesla due to "execution risk." Later the same day, a Model S burst into flames following a purported collision, with Tesla later admitting that the fire began in its battery pack.

Unfortunately, they make unrelated statements and just hope that investors who lost money will assume that a battery catching fire means that the quote was incorrect or a lie. I sort-of wish they'd said something that was either factually incorrect or libelous, it would make a lawsuit against them much easier.

It would be interesting to see if a different class-action law firm would actually be prepared to go against these guys. Unfortunately I think they have a tacit agreement not to do that.

When John Broder test drove the Model S his published editorial lacked integrity. Elon Musk responded in a clear and deliberate voice. Elon assertively communicated the facts, questioning the veracity of the editorial.

Just as it was the right thing to challenge John Broder's test drive article. It is the right thing to confront the dishonesty of Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP.

I for one, would contribute to a fund to explore the legal options regarding this matter.

When John Broder test drove the Model S his published editorial lacked integrity. Elon Musk responded in a clear and deliberate voice. Elon assertively communicated the facts, questioning the veracity of the editorial.

Just as it was the right thing to challenge John Broder's test drive article. It is the right thing to confront the dishonesty of Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP.

I for one, would contribute to a fund to explore the legal options regarding this matter.

Count me in also.

Unfortunately, they make unrelated statements and just hope that investors who lost money will assume that a battery catching fire means that the quote was incorrect or a lie.

I don't think it matters whether investors fall for this faulty logic. The firm will have to fool a judge enough to keep him/her from throwing out such a meritless case. Tesla lawyers should find it fairly easy to point out the fallacy of the claim.