Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Class Action Lawsuit AGAINST "Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How about some type of formal petition for investors to go on record saying we do not want to be included in frivolous class action suits that run counter to our interests?

Maybe the media could pick it up or TM could use it in their defense somehow.

I like the idea of starting a petition of investors stating we would not participate in class action against Tesla, and believe these lawsuits from different firms are both frivolous AND damaging to the image of Tesla Motors, and the value of TSLA investors.

anyone else interested and willing to craft language? We could start separate thread for petition so people would know it represents our stance AGAINST all the forementioned class action suits.

BTW, if we do a petition, I propose wording allows "small investors" to also sign, as the current class action is looking for losses greater than 200k, AND potentially (if it is deemed appropriate), that Tesla supporters (I.e. owners and enthusiasts that may not currently hold stock) also be allowed to sign and show their support.

Last edited:
I like the idea of starting a petition of investors stating we would not participate in class action against Tesla, and believe these lawsuits from different firms are both frivolous AND damaging to the image of Tesla Motors, and the value of TSLA investors.

anyone else interested and willing to craft language? We could start separate thread for petition so people would know it represents our stance AGAINST all the forementioned class action suits.

BTW, if we do a petition, I propose wording allows "small investors" to also sign, as the current class action is looking for losses greater than 200k, AND potentially (if it is deemed appropriate), that Tesla supporters (I.e. owners and enthusiasts that may not currently hold stock) also be allowed to sign and show their support.

I have made one inquiry, and the responding law firm declined to represent us in this pursuit. I am not qualified to judge the legal merits of a lawsuit in this matter. My gut instinct, told me that the firms and individuals initiating these law suits were distorting the facts and publishing the filings in an effort to drive the stock price down. I believe that it is a moral imperative that we respond in kind.

If a countersuit is not plausible, I will commit my support to whatever effort is effective and reasonable.

It aggravates the hell out of me, that shorts can summon lies and deceit with the full support of our legal system. If it is a petition, please let me know how I may contribute. Does it sound as though I am spoiling for a fight, damn straight.

Yes, but would there be some use in just proceeding with a petition? Just to show support, perhaps even in the media?

I'm not a lawyer, but even I know it's terribly difficult to prove intent in these kind of lawsuits. I suspect the best that could be done is prove unsubstantiated statements or claims.

Maybe we just need a Tesla anti-defamation league.

Help Fight The Class Action Lawsuits Against Tesla

Sign this online petition to send a message to the Judge that "The Class" they speak of rejects their claims.

Petition Rejection of Tesla Class Action Shareholder Suit

Note: The way class actions work is that the legal fees are free for the Plaintiffs if and only if the Judge certifies the class. If he/she does not certify the class than the Plaintiff must go it alone, which in most cases they do not. So the goal here is to get 2000 signatures and then send those signatures to the Judge or defense counsel.

You should only sign the petition if you owned TSLA from May 10, 2013 through November 6th, 2013 and you reject the lawsuit. If asked, you could sign an affidavit later at the attorneys request that your online petition signature and comments are true and correct. This will prevent anyone from signing.

Folks, this should work well. In lawsuits there are 2 areas of hope:
1) Motion to dismiss
2) Class Certification

With enough signatures one of these 2 battles could be won for Tesla.

After signing the petition, please forward it to other TSLA stockholders.