Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Class Action Lawsuit AGAINST "Pomerantz Grossman Hufford Dahlstrom & Gross LLP"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent them a letter yesterday saying not only would I not join a class action lawsuit of this type, they do not represent shareholders' interest with a frivolous lawsuit designed to support short interest, and I would be interested in joining a class action against them were they to do such a thing.

And I would be.

I assume this is a hard copy letter. I won't have access to a printer for the next week, but I'd certainly be willing to send an email similar to your letter to them.

Just an afterthought on their lawsuit. As already noted, it is frivolous and unless they're actually stupid or drastically misinformed, how can they possibly expect to win. Are they just hoping to get Tesla to make a deal to avoid the hassle of a lawsuit?
That shouldn't benefit them either. Elon (IMHO) is too principled to give in to that sort of blackmail, and I would hope that a vote from all shareholders would be in agreement with him.

Just an afterthought on their lawsuit. As already noted, it is frivolous and unless they're actually stupid or drastically misinformed, how can they possibly expect to win. Are they just hoping to get Tesla to make a deal to avoid the hassle of a lawsuit?
That shouldn't benefit them either. Elon (IMHO) is too principled to give in to that sort of blackmail, and I would hope that a vote from all shareholders would be in agreement with him.

Yes, that's their MO. They know that the court system is set up to give everyone their day in court, yet the way the court works it can take months or years for someone to finally get their day in court, and it takes millions of dollars for the defendant to get there. So it would cost Tesla millions of dollars in lawyer fees just to get to the point where they can finally get a judge to seriously consider the facts and rule if the case has merit or not. Yes, Tesla would win the case eventually, but at the cost of millions of dollars in legal fees and even worse, at the cost of management and PR distraction that is obviously better spent focused on driving the business forward for the benefit of customers and shareholders. Companies are often forced to pay ransom to these class action parasites simply to make them go away. It turns my stomach.

I'd love to be part of a class action suit AGAINST this law firm. As I stated in another thread on this topic, I have nothing against lawyers. There are a lot of great ethical lawyers out there, but these Pomerantz leeches are not among them. They are abusing the legal system and harming Tesla in the process. There have got to be several hundred lawyers who are also Tesla owners and shareholders who could contribute their expertise pro bono to turn these turkeys (and any turncoat shareholders who join them) into poster children.

Yes, that's their MO. They know that the court system is set up to give everyone their day in court, yet the way the court works it can take months or years for someone to finally get their day in court, and it takes millions of dollars for the defendant to get there. So it would cost Tesla millions of dollars in lawyer fees just to get to the point where they can finally get a judge to seriously consider the facts and rule if the case has merit or not. Yes, Tesla would win the case eventually, but at the cost of millions of dollars in legal fees and even worse, at the cost of management and PR distraction that is obviously better spent focused on driving the business forward for the benefit of customers and shareholders. Companies are often forced to pay ransom to these class action parasites simply to make them go away. It turns my stomach.

I'd love to be part of a class action suit AGAINST this law firm. As I stated in another thread on this topic, I have nothing against lawyers. There are a lot of great ethical lawyers out there, but these Pomerantz leeches are not among them. They are abusing the legal system and harming Tesla in the process. There have got to be several hundred lawyers who are also Tesla owners and shareholders who could contribute their expertise pro bono to turn these turkeys (and any turncoat shareholders who join them) into poster children.

lol this is going to backfire hardcore. Pomerantz picked the wrong set of people to tick off. That would be awesome is a bunch of tesla owners who were lawyers fought back and won a settlement against them!

Yes that's why I say they are like patent trolls to me. I think generally they want to just cash in on a settlement, probably never really expecting to go to trial. I've thought about simply letting TM corporate know that people are standing by ready to support them in whatever way makes most sense. However, I am sure based on this forum they know that.

They clearly had this teed up and were just waiting for the stock to correct. In my view, these guys are almost as bad as terrorists (if it were legal, would they kill innocents to make a buck? I'm not sure they wouldn't). They have no soul. Some Model S owners who are attorneys need to get together and spearhead a countersuit. My checkbook is ready.

This lawsuit [the one initiated by Pomerantz et al] is, as others have said, frivolous and a complete joke, not to mention offensive.

What worries me is that I already know from other incidents that Tesla's legal department is not very good at their job. If Tesla had the right lawyers, I would expect that they could wipe this lawsuit out in their spare time, but I don't think Tesla has those lawyers. Someone needs to find Tesla some *good* lawyers -- lawyers who are conscientious and do their legal and factual research, rather than the more typical lazy lawyers who slap half-assed, deficient responses together, which is what Tesla seems to have on retainer.

Who knows, we might have some suitable lawyers on this forum.

Last edited:
Is there someone in this large group with experience in this area who could provide the first top level assessment of go/no-go on this idea? If the idea is way outside
of reality is would be good to know.

I would question the value of free legal advice. Secondly, would this place the attorney in an untenable situation? My last thought would be that the number of individuals that were willing to contribute monies to an initial consultation would pique the interest of law firms.

They clearly had this teed up and were just waiting for the stock to correct. In my view, these guys are almost as bad as terrorists (if it were legal, would they kill innocents to make a buck? I'm not sure they wouldn't). They have no soul. Some Model S owners who are attorneys need to get together and spearhead a countersuit. My checkbook is ready.

This firm (and several just like them) have these teed up for just about every publicly traded company, waiting for anything they think they can get in front of a judge as a lapse in the company's fiduciary duties, usually coupled with a short-term stock price drop. Their entire business plan is to file hundreds of these a year and hope they strike it big on a couple of them.