Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

A comma ai set up for a model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize for being away so long I recently moved from Florida to Wisconsin. The good news is I have started selling openpilot wiring harnesses on ebay. This harness has connectors installed which allows for comma pedal and AP1 radar implementation if you choose to go that route. You can find the harness for sale at the link below. I only have 3 harnesses listed right now, but I'll have more in the future along with how to videos, Tesla Pedal modules, and AP1 radar installation kits. If there is an appetite for a complete system I can make that happen but I'd like some feedback here to make that happen because it would involve some significant personal expenses (about $1k per system) before I start ordering components. I can pre-install the latest Tesla openpilot software, flash the Panda, build the EPAS harness, and set up some of the configurable options.

Let me know.

Tesla Openpilot/EPAS bypass wiring harness for level 2 self driving | eBay

I apologize for being away so long I recently moved from Florida to Wisconsin. The good news is I have started selling openpilot wiring harnesses on ebay. This harness has connectors installed which allows for comma pedal and AP1 radar implementation if you choose to go that route. You can find the harness for sale at the link below. I only have 3 harnesses listed right now, but I'll have more in the future along with how to videos, Tesla Pedal modules, and AP1 radar installation kits. If there is an appetite for a complete system I can make that happen but I'd like some feedback here to make that happen because it would involve some significant personal expenses (about $1k per system) before I start ordering components. I can pre-install the latest Tesla openpilot software, flash the Panda, build the EPAS harness, and set up some of the configurable options.

Let me know.

Tesla Openpilot/EPAS bypass wiring harness for level 2 self driving | eBay
I would be very interested in buying a complete kit?

When you say complete kit do you mean everything to get openpilot working (eon, panda, and harness) or do you mean all the bells and whistles (eon, panda, harness, pedal, radar and all associated wiring).

I can do a starter kit which will get you up and running right now. I’ll get you a price estimate later and I’ll have to order the eon and panda from comma ai. You will be able to add pedal and radar to this kit later.

I won’t be able to have a complete kit with pedal and radar since pedals and used radars are in short supply but once I build up an inventory I will be offering kits to add those.

I will look into how much a complete starter kit is with everything you need to get up and running and I’ll post it back here. To protect myself I’ll ask for the payment via PayPal upfront, and I’ll Use that to purchase the hardware from comma. Once I get the hardware I’ll make sure all the software is current and updated for Tesla and I’ll provide all the custom harness and misc connectors.

I am now offering a complete plug and play Open Pilot system. For $999 plus shipping you get an Eon and Panda with the latest Tesla software pre-installed, a 10 ft usb cable, all the mounting hardware, and a custom Tesla harness. What you don't get is a Comma Pedal, and AP1 radar, but those will be offered as aftermarket add ons and will be compatible with the harness. Please send me a shipping address and PayPal email address if interested and I'll send you a PayPal invoice. Expect 2 weeks till delivery (probably sooner in most cases).

-Ryan

Update: Now shipping with Comma Pedal for full longitudinal control, and harness is compatible with AP1 radar which will hit the market in a month or so.

I have been using OpenPilot on my 2013 S85 for 2 years now. I have recently started packaging everything together as an all in one kit which has everything you need to install OP on a pre-AP model S. My kit also includes a comma pedal which has the ability to control the accelerator pedal, so unlike in the video my kit will be able to control the pedal allowing full regen and controlling the following distance in a fairly accurate manner.

What you get: Comma AI's Dev kit consisting of an EON, a white Panda, 2 windshield mounts, assorted USB cables, an EPAS bypass harness for controlling the power steering, and a comma pedal which allows for longitudinal control by controlling the accelerator pedal. All the hardware will come flashed with the latest Tesla version software. All this for $1199.

If you are interested please PM me with your PayPal email address and I'll send you an invoice. I am waiting on a batch of Comma pedals to be delivered on Nov 23rd, and I'll start shipping units a couple days later.

-Ryan

Update: Now shipping with Comma Pedal for full longitudinal control, and harness is compatible with AP1 radar which will hit the market in a month or so.

I have been using OpenPilot on my 2013 S85 for 2 years now. I have recently started packaging everything together as an all in one kit which has everything you need to install OP on a pre-AP model S. My kit also includes a comma pedal which has the ability to control the accelerator pedal, so unlike in the video my kit will be able to control the pedal allowing full regen and controlling the following distance in a fairly accurate manner.

What you get: Comma AI's Dev kit consisting of an EON, a white Panda, 2 windshield mounts, assorted USB cables, an EPAS bypass harness for controlling the power steering, and a comma pedal which allows for longitudinal control by controlling the accelerator pedal. All the hardware will come flashed with the latest Tesla version software. All this for $1199.

If you are interested please PM me with your PayPal email address and I'll send you an invoice. I am waiting on a batch of Comma pedals to be delivered on Nov 23rd, and I'll start shipping units a couple days later.

-Ryan

I am interested, in this video it shows a different visual for the auto pilot, how is that achieved

Reactions: SmartElectric
I am interested, in this video it shows a different visual for the auto pilot, how is that achieved

The AP1 visualization is called instrument cluster implementation, and root access to your car is required to make it work. Additionally if you are past firmware 2019.20 then as it stands right now there isn't a way to gain root access. If you want the visualization stop updating, and once you're rooted you will basically be locked into that firmware. With root access OTA updates from Tesla have the possibility of bricking your car.

That being said you can get full functionality on the most current firmware, but you won't have the visualization. I personally don't root my car because I use it everyday and can't afford to be stranded because of broken firmware.

If you want to go that route, it's definitely possible, but you'll have to find someone who will root the car for you.

-Ryan

Can you can develop a radar harness? Most of the parts are available on ebay (radar unit and mounting grill) but the wiring looks very daunting. I think that would be the trifecta along with the EPAS harness and the Comma Pedal that you're already selling.

This is great work, by the way!