Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A cooler that fits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have exact dimensions? I have a friend in the custom cooler business, as a bonus they are some of the best insulating coolers I have ever used. I could inquire about having one custom made for the Model X.

Custom Tesla Model X frunk cooler would be awesome. Now that I think about it, there is no 12v power outlet in the frunk so would be nice if we had this power outlet as well from factory.

Reactions: Sean So Lowe
image.jpeg
This is a great fit. It is the 50qt. perma chill gander mt cooler. It stay cool for 7 days.

Reactions: Tree95
Consider the Engel ~60qt for the X which will serve as both a refrigerator and a freezer.

The largest that will fit in an S is the 40qt and I recommend the marine version thereof for that purpose. It serves as *either* a refrigerator or a freezer.

Given that the X has more headroom, the larger size makes sense. On the other hand, it’s possible that the 40qt could fit in the X frunk. Interesting option, especially since the S now has just a microfrunk.

Any Engel uses very little power and has only one moving part (swing compressor).

I’d suggest getting whichever model you choose from West Marine and getting the walk-in replacement warranty. Not because they fail, but because if you do get a bad one, it’s an easy swap with no shipping hassle. For inland, Bass Pro Shops might be an option.

A remote temperature sensor and wireless display kit is useful. I keep the display in the console. Temperature is maintained within 1-5 degrees depending upon the time of year.

Lastly, you’ll want a dedicated fused 12V receptacle and cable run from the fuse box for this. As long as you’re doing that, consider a Y at the end to have a spare 12V source in either the trunk or frunk depending upon where you choose to have the fridge/freezer.