Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A couple lesser known differences with 2021 refresh vs Raven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got our 2021 refresh Model S yesterday and while we have both our 2019 Raven (will be selling) and the refresh 2021 I thought I would compare some less discussed differences for those that might be considering the upgrade.

* The frunk has quite a bit less usable space. It is a few inches less width, an inch less length and has more of a sloped bottom so can store less

* The rear cargo area is about 2 inches shorter to the seats vs Raven but surprisingly about a inch wider @ the narrowest part/wheel wells.

* The rear under cover area seems a bit smaller as well with a pronounced sloped floor toward the front of the car.

Since we drive cross country with our Lab, my bike and a bunch of other stuff I think we will miss some of this storage.

* The front visors are an inch longer (cover more of the windshield heigh) than Raven which really helps with driving into low angled sun.

* The rear hatch struts are much quicker and sound better than our Raven. 5 seconds to close vs 8 seconds.

* I have never been in a car with ventilated seats - very nice feature in my opinion.

I would love to compare noise level and comfort of the suspension but haven’t figured out a less than subjective way of doing it. In initial thoughts are the refresh is quieter but the suspension isn’t much different.

55C24B60-D620-43AB-8138-326AD2389C78.jpeg

i am not an audiophile but I like the new stereo system better than the Raven version.

so far i haven’t driven in lots of different weather to be able to say I notice a difference other than I liked the ventilated seats when is was warm on the drive down from Salt LAek city for pickup.