TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

A couple of interesting articles

Discussion in 'Canada' started by SnoopyMarkham, Aug 12, 2017.

1. SnoopyMarkham

SnoopyMarkham Member

Hey everyone:

Saw these articles in the Toronto Star this morning. The first one is from the AP and the second is an opinion piece from a writer at the star. Interesting reads. The second article says this:

"Governments are pushing hard for driverless EVs. To encourage electric vehicle purchases, Ottawa offers a rebate of $7,000; and Ontario’s rebates run between $6,000 and $10,000, depending on the vehicle’s range between recharges and passenger capacity. The rebates will cease once they’ve achieved their purpose of getting a large fleet of electric vehicles on the road."

I was unaware that the feds offer a rebate of 7k.

The push for electric cars is gaining traction — but what about charging stations? | Toronto Star

Why electric vehicles are closer than they appear: Olive | Toronto Star

2. rypalmer

rypalmer Member

Sounds misinformed.

3. SnoopyMarkham

SnoopyMarkham Member

Ya, I can't find anything about the feds offering a rebate. I've read that they been told to offer rebates, but so far there's nothing.

4. mrElbe

mrElbe Active Member

That's what wrong today with journalism. No investigative research. Just Google a bunch of stuff, don't check it, and write an article. There is a federal rebate in the USA I believe.

5. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

I used the "report an error" function on the page.

• Like x 1
  6. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

The Star gets many things wrong...after all, they still employ that archaic dunderhead Jim Kenzie.

• Like x 1